looking for a bug for my son..please help me choose one

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
We have a bearded dragon :) he loves to play with her but he just seems to have a special soft spot for bugs :p

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Being in PA you might try searching for Dynastes also.

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
I know.. My son always gets really excited when he finds a cool bug while we are out.. It is heart braking to see the confusion on his face when some little brat starts yelling "ewww get it away!!" If a kid is really scared I can live with it but I hate when kids (or even adults) pretend to have a fear just to get attention. Thats ok though.. his mommy will always love the bugs he finds.

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
whoa I just looked up Dynastes pretty neat! I have never seen one in Pa but boy would I love to! That would give me a good bug high for the day lol.

blackhawk1

Arachnopeon
chaco

I vote Chaco Golden Knee.
Spoke to a breeder 5 yrs ago and this is the breed he suggested. Talk about a laid back and non aggressive. Tell people all the time that she is more like a dog than a tarantula. Purchased her a 3yr old male for breeding several months ago and he is even more laid back than my female.
Would suggest getting a sexed female, males dont live near as long as the females so I'm told.