Looking at getting 5-6 new Ts.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Looking at getting 5-6 new Ts. I only have l.parahybana right now.
Am looking at g.rosea (although have heard mixed reviews), b.smithi, GBB, Brazilian Black, golden knee, Costarican Red Tiger Striped, Honduran Curly Hair, Brazilian Blue
My dream Ts are Pink Zebra Beauty and b.boheimi but can't find them sold anywhere.

What would you get..GO!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Ay glad to see you like tarantulas. Hope ur son is having fun too <3
Here's my advice: skip the Rose Hair, replace it with an Aphonopelma species. Rose hair is a species that I'll probably never get. They're gray and they're bipolar. They fast for two years. Screw that.
Also maybe you can't find a B. boehmei because ur spelling it wrong ;)

user 666

Arachnobaron
Am looking at g.rosea (although have heard mixed reviews), b.smithi, GBB, Brazilian Black, golden knee, Costarican Red Tiger Striped, Honduran Curly Hair, Brazilian Blue
My dream Ts are Pink Zebra Beauty and b.boheimi but can't find them sold anywhere.

What would you get..GO!
(d) all of the above

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Well, in the last week I got 2 of each G. pulchripes and A. geroldi. Though I'm already a fan of my little GBB too.
My first Gold knee, despite being a small sling, has entertained me enough to go get two more.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
what are the scientific names?
tangled in webs are selling boehmeis btw.
skip the rose hair. you can find a good sized female in a pet store anytime.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All the species you've mentioned are easy to care for and generally calm. The G rosea it's a personal choice and I choose no way not ever.
I've figured out what's what on your list using the common names you provided.
Brazilian black = G pulchra stunning
Brazilian blue = P sazmai
Costa rican tiger = D fasciatus
The G pulchra may be a little on the expensive side but well worth it.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon

What would you get..GO!
Tangled in webs, Arachnophiliacs, Tarantula Canada are selling at least one of the sp. your wanting.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter

What would you get..GO!
(Just a note: most of us use the scientific names, because common names can describe multiple species and tend to muddy the waters with correct identification, so it helps to learn them.)

B. boehmei was my #1 most wanted for a while too. I just think it's gorgeous. I got mine from JR's inverts, but they seem to be sold out now. Just keep your eyes open.

E. campestratus can be bought here: http://www.net-bug.net/apps/webstore/products/show/2449607

G. pulchra is wonderful, but not cheap. I raised one from sling to mature male, and I want another one now that he is gone.

B. albopilosum and G. pulchripes are both cheap, plentiful, and to me, pretty. Can't go wrong with either.

I have 2 P. sazimai but they are very slow growing slings so far. I can't tell you what the adults are like.

Also consider A. chalcodes...they are very slow growing, but also very cheap...you can get a young adult female for $40 to $50, and they live a very long time.

Edit: just noticed you are in Canada, so the store I linked may not be an option. I'll leave it there in case someone else reads this thread and wants one in the future.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Here's my advice: skip the Rose Hair, replace it with an Aphonopelma species. Rose hair is a species that I'll probably never get. They're gray and they're bipolar. They fast for two years. Screw that.
I figured I had spelled it wrong. I had heard the term psycho rosea so I figured that wasn't a good idea.
Son is having a great time he is actually helping me look at new ones.
He really wants a Costarican Red Tiger Stripe.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Lol no Rosie love as usual :) I enjoy them and find my two girls adorable. Curly hairs and Chaco's are great tarantulas. My two pulchripes and curly girl are some of my favorites.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Lol no Rosie love as usual :) I enjoy them and find my two girls adorable. Curly hairs and Chaco's are great tarantulas. My two pulchripes and curly girl are some of my favorites.
Lol! This is what I mean some people love them some people hate them.
Mixed feelings. As much as my hubby hates them, he loves the Brazilian Blue lol.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
(Just a note: most of us use the scientific names, because common names can describe multiple species and tend to muddy the waters with correct identification, so it helps to learn them.)

B. boehmei was my #1 most wanted for a while too. I just think it's gorgeous. I got mine from JR's inverts, but they seem to be sold out now. Just keep your eyes open.

E. campestratus can be bought here: http://www.net-bug.net/apps/webstore/products/show/2449607

G. pulchra is wonderful, but not cheap. I raised one from sling to mature male, and I want another one now that he is gone.

B. albopilosum and G. pulchripes are both cheap, plentiful, and to me, pretty. Can't go wrong with either.

I have 2 P. sazimai but they are very slow growing slings so far. I can't tell you what the adults are like.

Also consider A. chalcodes...they are very slow growing, but also very cheap...you can get a young adult female for $40 to $50, and they live a very long time.

Edit: just noticed you are in Canada, so the store I linked may not be an option. I'll leave it there in case someone else reads this thread and wants one in the future.
I know scientific names are used, I couldn't remember them all off hand. Still new at this. I only found 1 b.boehmei but was going for 400$! No way lol. Tarantula Canada has most of the Ts am looking at just looking for opinions.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
My sister's LP was a sling a year ago and has outgrown almost all my Ts. Now that I'm jealous of her beefy terrestrial, I'm leaning towards getting an A. geniculata at the expo next weekend lol

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Replace the G. porteri with an A. geniculata or another Brachypelma....Maybe a B. emilia or B. vagans. I have two G. porteri's and while I don't dislike them they are a bit boring imo.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Lots of keepers are recommending A.geniculata. Putting that on my list.
Love my L. Parahybana slings they are hilarious. They are great little eaters although one doesn't eat all that much. My other one shoved one of his crickets into its borrow all the way to the bottom of its borrow and can't get it out so now it's digging another one. The same one also gave me the threat pose at the size of a quarter. Was too funny.
I am glad I chose them.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
This is a G. porteri, so not a rosea, but not grey, just sayin:

OP, you have a good list! I'd pick:

G. pulchra (Brazilian Black)
C. cyaneopubescens (GBB)
B. albopilosum (Curly Hair)
D. fasciatus (Tiger Rump)
L. parahybana (Salmon Pink)
G. rosea (Rosehair)

I have a G. pulchra, GBB, B. albo, and G. pulchripes (Chaco) already. I love the little G. pulchripes and she's a great eater but I probably won't ever get another one. She doesn't like light and I don't see her often.

I'm also not recommending B. boehmei - and this might just be because mine is a little turd - they're very skittish and kick hairs like crazy. Interacting with mine is never a pleasant experience.

I think everyone should have a rosie of some kind. A lot of people disagree with me...but I think they're a great exercise in patience :D

Also...a big YES to A. geniculata. Mine is quite possibly my favorite T.

EDIT: Sorry, I was a bit confused by the "Pink Zebra Beauty" and thought you were referring to an LP when it's E. campestratus! My mistake. I'd pick an LP over E. campestratus though. It's why we use scientific names here - less room for misinterpretation (i.e. all the "Red Leg" tarantulas...;))

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I have a G. pulchra, GBB, B. albo, and G. pulchripes (Chaco) already. I love the little G. pulchripes and she's a great eater but I probably won't ever get another one. She doesn't like light and I don't see her often.
Mine's never hiding. She doesn't mind the light at all. #definitelynotbecauseididntactuallygiveherahidewhywouldidothatkappa

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I love the little G. pulchripes and she's a great eater but I probably won't ever get another one. She doesn't like light and I don't see her often
My G. pulchra is the same. Barely get to see the girl, but I love her all the same. I'm thinking an A. genic acquisition will fill in quite nicely.

user 666

Arachnobaron
My G. pulchra is the same. Barely get to see the girl, but I love her all the same. I'm thinking an A. genic acquisition will fill in quite nicely.
I only see mine when he made a window in his burrow.