Look Who's a daddy!

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well after a quick look at the Threads from earlier today, it would seem that today is just the day for Centruoides...
So after I nice swim today I came home to:

she had so many they are covering her top & bottom and 5 of them appeared to be feeding on some undeveloped eggs
that she passed (she did not eat the ones in front of her they were the ones clinging [or munching the eggs])

mma316

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice brood!

Congrats! I'll be glad when my Centruroides start to multiply.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey, congrats!
I didn't think they'd be feeding already and being cannibalistic either.

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wait, what? U are the daddy for those babies? Oh, damm....
Anw nice vittatus, im waiting for mine to pop as well, any idea how many are there? :D

PS: Sorry, cant resist the joke :p

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wait, what? U are the daddy for those babies? Oh, damm....
Anw nice vittatus, im waiting for mine to pop as well, any idea how many are there? :D

PS: Sorry, cant resist the joke :p
lol no worries about the joke...as for the count I am not sure...but they have started to darken up a bit so hoping they will molt in the next few weeks

Last edited:

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Let the Molting Begin...

Did my afternoon check on mom and noticed a number of little molted exos and 4 little guys running around on their own...

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Separated 2i's today and had 32 lil ones plus 5 that didn't make it through molt.

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now, where is the picture :D :D :D
lol I can share a pic of the 32 cups they are in....lol Pics will follow spent a LOT of time separating them from the main enclosure and had to get to class....tomorrow comes the labeling of containers for record keeping...