Look here

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Strange. Not 5min ago, I listened to a message on my machine from my Grandmother, asking what kind of cat food we used. She mentioned reading something, but said nothing about what she read. I had no idea what she could possibly be talking about. I guess this answers my question.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
As important of an announcement as this was...don't you think an appropriate title such as "WARNING: Toxic pet food repot" would be a little more informative as to the important information contained than "Look here"? :?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As important of an announcement as this was...don't you think an appropriate title such as "WARNING: Toxic pet food repot" would be a little more informative as to the important information contained than "Look here"? :?
well, I did tryed to edit, whatcha gona do, Am not de sharpest knife.............Duh

BinarySpider

Arachnopeon
Short Time

well, I did tryed to edit, whatcha gona do, Am not de sharpest knife.............Duh
It happens. This peticular forum limits the amount of time that you have to edit a post. Some places have a longer time, some do not have any time, and others are unlimited time.

On another note, this is sad indeed to have poisoned animal foods out there. It seems that mankind will never learn but simply look for the fall guy to blame then it is business as usual.

As they said...

Product testing has not revealed a link explaining the reported cases of illness and death, the company said.

"At this juncture, we're not 100 percent sure what's happened," said Paul Henderson, the company's president and chief executive officer.

However, the recalled products were made using wheat gluten purchased from a new supplier, since dropped for another source, spokeswoman Sarah Tuite said. Wheat gluten is a source of protein.

...I would consider to stretch my thoughts enough to wonder if that wheat gluten supplier under bid their older supplier. Who knows for sure until the facts come out if they ever do.

BinarySpider

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
can't edit a thread title on this forum ...

no big deal anastasia, I was just wondering :)

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah I heard about that it has to do with canned food or wet food pouches only, Not dry food.

thisgal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's ironic is that there is no reason whatsoever for dogs or cats to eat wheat gluten.

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is what we feed.

We pay $16 for 40lbs.

It is not the BEST food, but it is quite good for cheap dog food.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Diamond had a recall of their own back in 2005, after several dogs died after eating their food. If I recall correctly, it turned out to be aflatoxin contamination caused by a bad bunch of corn.
It's probably safer brand than most now, as I'm sure they don't want to go through the financial devastation that was bound to be a result from that recall, and are likely to have bumped up their quality control. A company might regain consumer confidence after one such incident, but to repeat it would be suicide, I think.

In fact, I'm preparing to switch our pup from her current dry food to Diamond's "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul" formula, which has a pretty good reputation as a medium-range dog food.

Here is a review site that can help make a decision on what you feed your dog. http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ The link at the bottom of the page takes you to the reviews

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do remember that incident well. The formula we use (as linked) and used then too has no corn in it.

I know a lot of people like Timber Wolf Organics, but in my opinion the price is unreasonable, it goes bad too quickly, and many dogs do not maintain a healthy weight with it.

We used to feed Canidae but had dogs that would not tolerate it. Bad allergies from it were common, and BM issues, too.

Really, the raw meat diet has been the best that we ever did... but after moving we lost our connection to affordable meat that made doing it possible.

We do like the Diamond Lamb and Rice a lot, though.