G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This little beast just moulted wow :D

I love these spiders

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine looks just like that since it molted a few weeks ago. It doubled in size after the molt. It is so black! Gotta love these guys.

Sharon

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
woah that is really impressive i love its colouring. How big is it now?

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's about the same size as mineis now, awesome looking T.

Andy

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, nice.

Would you mind sharing the conditions/habitat it's in?

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, nice T there,

I was after one of these fellas myself, a while ago I heard that Guy from giantspiders had bred some and was going to be selling them. They seem to have vanished from his web site though - anyone know what happened to them?

Maybe I'll get lucky and spot some at the BTS show? Where did you get yours from G_wright?

cheers,

Stu

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its a Psalmopoeus irminia also known as 'suntiger'

cheers,

Stu.

Last edited:

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
very nice looking P.irminia I had a chance once to get a 3" for 30 bucks at a reptile show and passed it up wish i wouldnt of now. :(

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
stu said:
Yeah, nice T there,

I was after one of these fellas myself, a while ago I heard that Guy from giantspiders had bred some and was going to be selling them. They seem to have vanished from his web site though - anyone know what happened to them?

Maybe I'll get lucky and spot some at the BTS show? Where did you get yours from G_wright?

cheers,

Stu

LOL I bought some slings of Guy a while back I probably got the last heheh

I got that big one from Animal allsorts in Newcastle on the coast road. If you want you can send me £40 and i'll get you one next week.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought a 3" P. irmirnia last year for £3 from the BTS. Bargain!! Absolutely gorgeous spider, but a bit of a fearsome beast. He matured in September, and has been sleeping his way round the UK ever since :cool:

Keeping my fingers crossed that one or more of his females are going to drop an eggsac soon :)

In the meantime, I had a sling of Guy to keep me amused ;)

[edit] stu - I'd strongly advise that you wait until the BTS show. £40 is WAY too much to pay for even an adult female P. irmirnia!! [/edit]

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
BBlack said:
Do these guys have/use Urticating hairs?
No, this is one of the new world genera that lacks urticating setae (along with Tapinauchenius and Iridopelma).

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
G_Wright said:
LOL I bought some slings of Guy a while back I probably got the last heheh
I guess he must have magic'd mine out of thin air then ;)

I got that big one from Animal allsorts in Newcastle on the coast road. If you want you can send me £40 and i'll get you one next week.
£40 for a 3" Irmina!?

You was robbed boyo ;P P.irmina are easy breeders and fast growers with a relatively short lifespan, I'd not advise paying over £20 for an adult. Even Grabowitz (who's generally pretty expensive) was selling adults at last years BTS for about £18.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lopez said:
I guess he must have magic'd mine out of thin air then ;)

£40 for a 3" Irmina!?

You was robbed boyo ;P P.irmina are easy breeders and fast growers with a relatively short lifespan, I'd not advise paying over £20 for an adult. Even Grabowitz (who's generally pretty expensive) was selling adults at last years BTS for about £18.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK bad reptile house