Longest time between molts

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is the longest time you have had between 2 sucsessive molts of a t in your care?

Mine is 1 year and 2 months for my A versi female who just molted to about
5".

I know some grammostolas and such can crush this so thats why im curious ad waiting over a year felt like forever.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What is the longest time you have had between 2 sucsessive molts of a t in your care?

5".

I know some grammostolas and such can crush this so thats why im curious ad waiting over a year felt like forever.
A mature adult female Brachypelma can take up to just over 2 years between moults, my B.albopilosum here hasn't moulted for about 14 months right now and here abdomen still hasn't darkened!!!

:)

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My C. fasciatum has gone 11 months now. She dug out a little burrow and it looked like she was finally going to molt a few days ago... turned out to be a phantom eggsac.. LOL

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer

5".

That decimal had me thinking .5" ... lol {D

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had my aproximately 3" C. crawshayi (or whatever its being called now) for 2 years with no molt and I don't know when it molted before I got it. I sifted through the substrate everytime I changed it and didn't find any exoskeleton.

ikarus_black

Arachnopeon
... well!

my late MM G. Rosea didnt molt for over 26 months, in fact he never molted again, he died of ald age!:(

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an Aphonopelma sp. "Rio Grande Gold" that molted every other year since 2006. It's barely at an inch in legspan and not a dwarf species as far as I can tell. There's also a .5" A. behlei that's molted twice since 2007 and hasn't grown very visibly until the most recent molt, where it might have pushed .75".

But that's expected of Aphonopelma to some degree (though 3 of my mature female Aphonopelma molt more frequently than those small guys). The real strange one is my male Lasiodora parahybana. I bought him at <3" in 2007 and he's barely reaching 3.5" after two molts. I think his last molt was in March 08.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have a juvie male G. pulchra (he's about 3") who hasn't molted in I don't even know how long. Since his last molt our male B. albo matured, our female molted, they did the wild thing, she laid a sac, kept it for 30 days, we pulled it, waited for second instar, sold them all and the MM is now dead. That's the craziest. Hopefully he'll molt soon, he looks like crap. All brown and such.

Our MF G. rosea also molts every second summer so she'd be the longest. She's due to molt next summer so she should hit premolt around September-October. Crazy roseas.

Cass

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have this 6" grizzled old female G. rosea I got as a rescue almost 3 years ago. Not only has she not molted, she's barely eaten in that amount of time.

Nhanduchromatus

Arachnopeon
5 years between molts

I might have the record here so far. I have a female G. rosea that I have had since 1993 and was adult at that time.....(she is in her mid twenties now). She last molted 2 years ago but before that went 5 years with no molt! She only eats a few crickets a year now and is slowing down.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My girl hasnt molted for 2 years now.. A 5" rosea female. You should check out jon3800.. He has a Aphonopelma that hasnt molted for about 7 years or something like that?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I have this 6" grizzled old female G. rosea I got as a rescue almost 3 years ago. Not only has she not molted, she's barely eaten in that amount of time.
Haha, is that the one you tried to get to molt by powerfeeding? She still hasn't molted?!

My rosea is going on 16 months and still eats every week.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My rosea is on 14, almost 15 months, aint ate in 3... Looking like premolt, but I am not positive.

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
My 4.5 inch female Grammostola pulchripes has not molted in about 22 months, and it has no signs of premolt whatsoever.