Long shot but ID please,

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found this girl on my shirt after I walked through a heavily wooded area, thought it was a sling but now I think its a tiny adult. I couldn't get all the colours it shows to show up in the pictures, but its basically coloures like grey/green lichen.

I think it may be Theridion sp.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Out of one family and into another, I now think its in Mimetidae, from a thread i remember Buthus posting a picture in, open for id sugestions

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
just a quick guess, did you look up the american house spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) yet? just whizzing through and thought i would drop that in.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Achaearanea sp. has been mentioneed as a maybe on another site, Its a possibilty

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey, have you looked into the family Nesticidae?

I can't see the eye structure in the pics, and I can't find my "Know The Spiders", but the coloration, especially the striped legs and black mark on the carapace remind me of this family. Here's a cool page with a lot of Theridiidae and Nesticidae on it.

NRF

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Keijia tincta [=Theridion tinctum]

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Close, I've got it as Theridion mystaceum, Thanks tfor all your input :)

NRF

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Close, I've got it as Theridion mystaceum, Thanks tfor all your input :)
If you still have the specimen then check its sternum. It will be light with a longitudinal black stripe (of dots). Of European Theridion sensu lato, only K. tincta has it, and this is for sure K. tincta, not T. mystaceum. :)

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you still have the specimen then check its sternum. It will be light with a longitudinal black stripe (of dots). Of European Theridion sensu lato, only K. tincta has it, and this is for sure K. tincta, not T. mystaceum. :)
I will endeavor to check this but it won't be an easy task.

NRF

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The black stripe is visible on both of your photos. On the one with the arrow I have strengthen the stripe. Theridion varians and T. hemerobium have sometimes almost the same habitus as your specimen, but these do not have the sternal median stripe (sternum is usually pale except the borders). T. melanurum/mystaceum have dark carapace and sternum is also comletely dark brown and the legs are also darker.

Attachments

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So its is Keijia tincta previously theridion tinctum?

Thank you for your help :)