London Zoo Pics

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

I went to london zoo last weekend, and i thought i'd share some of the pics i took. Some are obvious what they are, and some of them i really can't remember, but i'll tell you the ones i can. First up, the green tree monitors, and nile monitor

Attachments

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The unkown on the sand might be a carpet viper? I can't find a decent picture of another one online for comparison though

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great pictures of nice animals!

Unknowed are from top:
Dispholidus typus, boomslang
Python sebae (i think)
Crotalus unicolor (if im not mistaken)

/Lelle

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I believe the boid is a sanzania and not a python sebae. It at least looks to be sanzania.

Phil

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Phillip said:
I believe the boid is a sanzania and not a python sebae. It at least looks to be sanzania.

Phil
Im sure you are right. It looked a bit odd for sebae.

/Lelle

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just went to the London Zoo on Sunday since I had a few extra days in town on a business trip.

Overall I must say its a pretty great place! The gorilla exhibit was fantastic and the komodo dragon exhibit, while they only have one (that I know of) was much better than the Toronto exhibit as you can get much closer to the animal and get a great look.

The penguin exhibit was a tad bare in terms of its environment but got a great look at some fantastic looking animals. From what I saw its just a temporary location for them with a larger one "under development" but the people I went with told me it was the exact same when they went last year. Giraffe enclosure looked pretty small and didn't seem natural at all.

Snakes were amazing! Enclosures might've been a bit small for some of the larger ones and I must've spent 20 minutes looking for the king cobra with no luck but they've got a beautiful black mamba that was very active along with a gaboon viper (in the pictures already posted) that was massive and looking great.

Spiders were lacking, which I find consistent with almost every zoo I've been to so I dont hold my standards too high. Only 4 tarantulas including a decent pokie and two brachys. 4th wasn't labeled but I'm pretty sure it was a L. parahybana. I dont see why zoos cant have more variety....they take up such little space and are always such a hit with the public. Showing a larger variety would be nice to see someday.

I'll post up some pictures when I get things developed!!

MooSmoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We visited London Zoo with my family on sunday 15th for my birthday, loved it. The gaboon is incredible!

As I was looking at it someone walked up beside me and said "that'd make a great handbag.."

Was tempted to tell them to climb inside and try grab it, see if it agrees :mad:

jani taler

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, pictures are great.
I hope, I will go to london ZOO too!
Really amazing.

citizen_smithi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great pics!

One thing I noticed at London Zoo was for some reason they had a B auratum (Mexican Falme Knee) in the rainforest area, with a humidity meter next to it measuring 90%! And it was really tucked away and in a plastic container behind he perspex. Looked really daft after walking through the bit full of sloths, various small tropic monkeys etc, to find a desert dwelling Mexican Tarantula.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The others are ,Boomslang and aruba rattle snake

And yes sanzinia