Lokal's Scorpions (Large Pics)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys!!

Eric,

The C. baracoae are gorgeous, but small just like all of my other Centruroides haha. I have two adult pair, so hopefully I can get some babies soon. As for the U olivaceus, she never had any babies, nor dropped eggs, so I don't know what happened with that. I would love to eventually get babies from her but she will have to wait for now.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Hopefully you can get C baracoae to produce some offspring as I'd love to have some of them
As for the U olivaceus - I have 1 confirmed male subadult so when he's mature - I will help you make sure she gets to have some for ya
I've been looking for a male U olivaceus + U flavoviridus for almost a year with no luck so if you see either available - grab em please :)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Centruroides bicolor (Pocock 1898) – Costa Rica

Centruroides nitidus (Thorell, 1876) – Dominican Republic

Hottentotta flavidulus (Teruel & Rein, 2010) – Pakistan

Uroplectes pilosus (Thorell, 1876) – Namibia

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great to see you back in the hobby, and it looks like you have a great collection of scorps as well! I also took some time away from the hobby, but have recently started to get back into it. I unfortunately don't have the collection I had before but thought I would start with what I know best Heterometrus, Pandinus, Leiurus and Ophistothalmus sp. It's always nice to see some of the older members surface from time to time.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Updating with some new pictures finally. Trying to get this whole macro photography thing working. LOL

Pipa

Arachnoknight
awesome animals , congrats on such great success with them !

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great work and beautiful photos! Nice photo of P. minimus and the Centruroides. The C. hoffmanni are small, but they're quite communal as you know.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Very nice pics! The pseudouroctonus minimus is very beautiful. Is it a rare species because I did a google search and couldn't find much info.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very nice pics! The pseudouroctonus minimus is very beautiful. Is it a rare species because I did a google search and couldn't find much info.
Not rare as far as I know. Just very underrated. I got a few of these from Smokehound and they are by far the smallest scorpions I have ever seen. 20-30mm tops as adults.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hottentotta flavidulus (Teruel & Rein, 2010) – Pakistan

Uroplectes pilosus (Thorell, 1876) – Namibia

Mesobuthus gibbosus (Brulli, 1832) - Greece

brolloks

Arachnobaron
The Centruroides. spp look like they have digital camouflage patterns, really awesome!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A lot of the Central and South American Buthids have that mottled look!. It's crazy how different they can look from young instars to adults.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Didymocentrus armasi (Teruel & Rodriguez, 2008) - Cuba

Hottentotta franzwerneri (Birula, 1914) - Morocco

Leiurus haenggii (Lowe, Yagmur & Kovarik, 2014) - Yemen

Leiurus jordanensis (Lourenço, Modry & Amr, 2002) - Jordan