Lokal's Scorpions (Large Pics)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi All,

I was a regular on AB many years ago. Some of you may remember me, some may not. I am happy to say I am back in the hobby and loving it. I figured I would post up some pics to show off my small collection!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Whoa Centruroides bicolor , I haven't seen them in a while. Nice! Where did you get them?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Alex!! I am waiting patiently. Sometimes it gets a little tough to wait though. haha

I actually got them from Alex (Johnny Spadix). I started with 10, lost 2 of them during molting to 3i. I have 8 left. Most of them are at 4i, so hopefully in a few months I can start the breeding. They are gorgeous but they are so spastic. Once I even get near the container, they take off running.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys!

And I agree. It definitely seems the scorpion collectors are more uncommon than they use to be. Hopefully we can change that!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks guys!

And I agree. It definitely seems the scorpion collectors are more uncommon than they use to be. Hopefully we can change that!
It's odd to me, sometimes only one or two threads are commented on lately here per day, I don't get it. I guess it could be holiday things going on. Also, many that used to come here a lot have gotten tired of commenting about the same old stuff so they only lurk around. Yes nice scorps you have there.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's odd to me, sometimes only one or two threads are commented on lately here per day, I don't get it. I guess it could be holiday things going on. Also, many that used to come here a lot have gotten tired of commenting about the same old stuff so they only lurk around. Yes nice scorps you have there.
I'm guilty of that. Typically I'm texting most of the scorpion keepers I know, or the rest are all on facebook anymore. It's just easier to post pictures and topics there.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Had a few molts happen in the past week or so. The first pic is what a Centruroides bicolor looks like freshly molted. Absolutely beautiful. Second pic is my favorite girl. Still waiting on the babies. The rest are interesting as you can see the polymorphism with Centruroides gracilis. All of these are from the same clutch. I didn't really notice anything until they got to around 4i. Now their different colors are definitely showing.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really love the 7I female. Do you consider these fairly hot? I'm finding mixed info on them. The LD50 looked pretty potent but I read a caresheet that claimed they weren't that bad. Wikipedia said their venom had systemic effects that are occasionally fatal.

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Yes, C. gracilis is always good for a surprise. My C. gracilis are from 3 origins and I am looking forward to the pups.
Which country are yours?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mojo,

From what I understand they are not too hot. I would probably say 3 out of 5. That being said, they are a Buthid and everyone reacts differently. I treat every scorpion I keep exactly how I would the most venomous species. I don't take any chances.

Alex, I have 8 or so that I received as 2i in June. They are starting to mature into adult hood now. Hopefully breeding them in the near future. I believe these are from Florida, just like the ones I received from you. I am excited to see if there are any differences with these and the ones I got from you, once they mature.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Congrats on the brood Brandon ! How many did she end up having ? Hope all are eating well
They are some really colorful babies :)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on the brood Brandon ! How many did she end up having ? Hope all are eating well
They are some really colorful babies :)
Thanks man!! They are gorgeous babies. Very small though! haha. I think I ended up with 27 or 28. Appears to be a pretty large brood. I let the male and female together for a few days. The female was well fed and is still pretty huge, however she wasn't too fond of the male dancing with her for three straight days. Now I only have the female left, lol.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Thanks man!! They are gorgeous babies. Very small though! haha. I think I ended up with 27 or 28. Appears to be a pretty large brood. I let the male and female together for a few days. The female was well fed and is still pretty huge, however she wasn't too fond of the male dancing with her for three straight days. Now I only have the female left, lol.
Yes that's a very large brood of them so again congrats on that :)
My female stayed huge too as if she didn't even have babies I just put my pair back together again and they were dancing upside down under rocks !!! Sorry to hear you lost your male :(
if you ever need a male..... You know you know where to find him ;)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Centruroides sculpturatus

Centruroides bicolor

Centruroides baracoae

Centruroides gracilis

Rhopalurus garridoi

Uroplectes pilosus

Uroplectes olivaceus