log hide

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
The enclosure needs a wide slab of cork bark, it needs to be wider than the tarantula. That skinny stick does nothing for the T.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
@edmwh0re Based on the way you have this set up it may be helpful to read these two husbandry threads and emulate how they are set up as well as understand care and husbandry more.

edmwh0re

Arachnopeon
A5EAA57A-52A2-4240-B25C-9592D1066A25.jpeg FCE99E8F-4156-4DD8-BC07-FC7D5330E1E7.jpeg
thank you all for the feedback! i went out today and bought a slab of the cork wood and laid it down on the backside, a thick stick for climbing and a plant for him to hide in or climb around, and added a bit of foliage at the top!
the second i put him back in the tank, he immediately climbed up the cork wood and has hidden himself in the top foliage. i can only assume that this is what he was trying to do with the log hide. i also checked the sturdiness of it all to make sure it can sustain his weight, and it does! please let me know if the enclosure need any more adjustments!
(btw i also ordered a new enclosure for him that has top and side cross ventilation, and opens from the front so i won’t mess up his webs he makes at the top of the enclosure)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you @edmwh0re for reading those threads and taking all the advice of members in this thread, and then for implementing it all immediately by getting the necessary supplies! There’s a breeze in here, where’d that come from :troll: It looks 20x better and as you have just witnessed and learned your A. avicularia has appreciated it and began to act more naturally! Well done friend 🌈

edmwh0re

Arachnopeon
Thank you @edmwh0re for reading those threads and taking all the advice of members in this thread, and then for implementing it all immediately by getting the necessary supplies! There’s a breeze in here, where’d that come from :troll: It looks 20x better and as you have just witnessed and learned your A. avicularia has appreciated it and began to act more naturally! Well done friend 🌈
thank you for the kind words! and yes i feel a lot better that he is climbing around! i can now see he didn’t have aboreal tendencies because he only had one dingy stick 😂 and obviously there was nothing there for him to work with. i definitely have a much happier T