Location of Enclosure?

Jacob B

Arachnopeon
Is there anywhere I should not locate my enclosure for my T? Would they be fine in the living room or a area of high traffic? Currently the tank is right next to my desktop due to that being the only room I have...(the enclosure Is housing a rose hair)

I will try to move it, but is this gonna cause huge stress for my T? Thanks for the responses !!!

sasker

Arachnoprince
Keep it away from any places with vibrations. I wouldn't put my enclosures on top of the TV or next to a radio. In the beginning I kept one of the enclosures on the desk where my computer is, but I noticed that my spider became nervous if I started typing (and no, I am not one of these people who learned how to type on a mechanic type writer ;)). Also avoid places with direct sunlight. I think that some more quiet spiders can get used to certain sounds/vibrations and stop perceiving them as threatening, but I think it is best to put the enclosures in the darkest, most quiet part of the room.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Away from where any cleaning chemicals will be used and direct sunlight are the most important things.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Avoid loud high vibration areas and chemicals. No direct sunlight either. T's don't care if you move their cage btw, only if you move it to a bad place.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I will try to move it, but is this gonna cause huge stress for my T? Thanks for the responses !!!
No not as long as you place it out of any direct sunlight, keep disturbances to a minimum, less vibrations the better, and a dark area would be best but most importantly out of direct sunlight, moving the enclosure is much less stressful than a complete re-house, post some pictures we would love to see it, and welcome to AB.....

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I keep my T's in my living room (away from direct sunlight) they all do great. Of course I dont have kids so my house stays pretty quiet most of the time.

Jacob B

Arachnopeon
No not as long as you place it out of any direct sunlight, keep disturbances to a minimum, less vibrations the better, and a dark area would be best but most importantly out of direct sunlight, moving the enclosure is much less stressful than a complete re-house, post some pictures we would love to see it, and welcome to AB.....
Thanks so much

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Just agreeing with everyone else on the low-noise/vibration, zero direct sun, and obviously away from any chemicals. One thing I'd like to add is to keep high wind from a fan or air conditioner blowing directly at them.

Estein

Arachnoknight
I agree with all of the above and will add that I don't place my enclosures along an exterior wall. Temperatures there are likely to fluctuate more and, depending on the weather, could be drastically different from the rest of the room. Being in PA, this might be something good to consider, especially in winter.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I keep mine on a shelving unit -- away from sunlight and foot traffic (noise/vibration).
That said, had new roof put on house a few years back and mine acted like all that noise and hammering was nothing. I remember Rosie remained a pet rock and OBT just sat in the middle of his web hammock. I think the noise and vibration annoyed me far more than it fazed them. :)