Local spiders

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What kind of spiders do you have around your house? Here are a few of mine.

I was inspired to create this thread after finding a couple of these in the back yard. I've seen them on the net and in books but I thought they would only be found in exotic locations.

Attachments

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This garden spider set up shop right outside my front door with a web that stretched from the overhang of my roof to my hedges. This is one of the larger garden spiders I've ever seen....shown here with a large cricket.

Attachments

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
come on now....

what part of the world are you from and what kind of spiders are there? Remember, you are never more than 3 feet away from a spider.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got all odf those around here I allways walk into the webs of those little thorny ones. and I've seen some thorny ones that mimic bird poop. and I've got a black widow that lives in my window.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You got all of those around your house. Ack?!?!

Only thing I got around my house are black widows, jumping spiders, some garden spiders, and two or three tarantulas that escaped......

Whenever I run my face into a cobweb I panic like a mad person. I just invision having hundreds of spiders all around my face biting me.

Easdlfjsafa;dsflj ACKKKKK!! :rolleyes:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have alot of jumping spiders, the garden spiders you showed, the argiope orb weavers ("banana spiders"), alot of common house spiders, wolf spiders, barn spiders, grass spiders, cellar spiders (Pholcus sp), and the spiny spider you showed a member of the micraethina (spp?) genus, most of the ones I see are white with longer abdomens than that one, but I have seen that species before also.

Andy

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have tons of black widows, some cellar spiders, jumping spiders, lynx spiders, wolf spiders (some pretty big, up to 2" legspan), crab spiders, a lot of gnaphosids in the house, not really any orb weavers, and Aphonopelma tarantulas on the outskirts of town.