Local pet store

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So today I went in to get a mouse for my python and noticed a few T's up on the top shelf, so I took a look. They had one A. Avic, 2 G. Roseas, one P. Regalis and the rest I'm not so positive of the scientific name so if you guys know it let me know :) also I'm going to put the prices and sizes next to them if you could possibly let me know if these are decent prices for each T. Thanks

A. Avic - 1" - $30
G. Rosea(one was unpriced) - 1.5" - $15
P. Regalis - full grown adult - $200
Orange Leg Tarantula - ~1.5" - $150
Gold Baboon Tarantula - 3" - $50
Cobalt Blue Tarantula - 3" - $70

Thanks for your input, I'm still considering which T to get as my first and I know out of this list only the first two would be suitable however I would still like to know and learn as much as possible before I sink my teeth into T's.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. Avic - 1" - $30
G. Rosea(one was unpriced) - 1.5" - $15
P. Regalis - full grown adult - $200
Orange Leg Tarantula - ~1.5" - $150
Gold Baboon Tarantula - 3" - $50
Cobalt Blue Tarantula - 3" - $70
Prices I've seen

Guyana Pinktoe (Avicularia avicularia) - sub adult - $20 / slings cheaper
Chilean Rose Tarantula (Grammostola rosea) - adult" - $15 / sling $8
Indian Ornamental (Poecilotheria regalis) - full grown adult - $125 / 1 1/4 sling - $30
Mexican Red Leg (Brachypelma emilia) - 0.5" - $30
Usumbara Baboon (Pterinochilus murinus) 3" - $15 / adult female - $45
Cobalt Blue (Haplopelma lividum) - 2" - $25 / WC adult - $30

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Petco near me has a pair of 2" or so G.Roseas for $17.99.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those prices are high, and rather than do that I would recommend ordering from a dealer. Im not going to just go out and say all pet stores are bad, but a petstore with names listed like that and with such steep prices I would be very hesistant to purchase from them

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The orange leg has to be M. robustum at that price (and thats still a little high) I paid $150 for an adult female. All the other prices are high but the benefit is, the spiders are right there, you dont have to wait. And you dont have to pay shipping.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it doesnt have to be M. Robustum. Pet stores can give any common name they want. The could easily put that name to a B. Boehmei, B. Emilia, M Robustum, or A. Bicoloratum.

And still even if it is M Robustum (the most expensive of those listed), a 1.5" specimen for $150 is very expensive.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen a L.parahybanna (SP?) that was being sold as a orange leg for that price once...

To the OP, just save your money and go to a breeder.... sometimes they have some T's that arn't slings...

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the response guys, and I didn't plan on buying any T's from that store I was just getting an estimate on how much they over price. I plan on getting my first T at either March or April's Maryland reptile expo. Thanks again

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where in South Jersey are you? Also what is the name of the store and where is it?...Can you PM me?thanx