Local P. met breeding project (help needed)

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I got my MM P.fasciata in on Thursday. I housed him up beside my female (who I have been feeding heavily) that night. I didn't notice anything Friday or Saturday but last night he was tapping. She was out and two other mature females were out as well. I almost put him in last night but work comes early so I decided to wait till I had more time. One of those (0.1 P.reduncus) I've only seen a few times since I bought her. The other was an 0.1 P.cam. The way they both were acting I need to hunt down a MM for each of them too.

In this case it seemed like it took a day or two to get going, but it seems safe to say love is in the air in my T room ATM.
Awesome and good luck!!!!
Apparently the best advice i can muster is be braver then me lol

jaswong00

Arachnopeon
Hey Abyss,

I have been working on breeding P.Metallicas since last year August. I have 4x adult females and two males. I rotated the males once every two weeks until both male died. Well, one got eaten All females are at least the size that you have.

3 of the females didn't drum or response right away except for one, and insertion took place but that one still haven't give me a sac yet. However, all are eating heavily now since I raised the temp from 68F for a month to 77 now.

I noticed when I mist the cage, the male drums after 5 minutes of misting the cage in the dark. Yes, I am a Tarantulas nerd, listening in the dark with red led light only.

I keep the females with a lot of coconut husk bedding and very moist, humidity about 80-90% with temp around 85 during the breeding time which was Aug 2016 to Nov 2016. Then let the substrate dry out but still mist once a week during the temp around 68-70F for two months. Then turn up the heater to 77F. Then a sac dropped from one female which is the female that ate my male on Nov 24 2016. she gave me a sac on Valentine's Day! Lol....what a gift and hope she doesn't take it back.

I am planning to pull on day 33. Then incubate the nymphs for 30 days at the same method described on your thread.

Hope this helps and feel free to PM me! Good luck with your next breeding project!

Cheers,

Jason Wong

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Hey Abyss,

I have been working on breeding P.Metallicas since last year August. I have 4x adult females and two males. I rotated the males once every two weeks until both male died. Well, one got eaten All females are at least the size that you have.

3 of the females didn't drum or response right away except for one, and insertion took place but that one still haven't give me a sac yet. However, all are eating heavily now since I raised the temp from 68F for a month to 77 now.

I noticed when I mist the cage, the male drums after 5 minutes of misting the cage in the dark. Yes, I am a Tarantulas nerd, listening in the dark with red led light only.

I keep the females with a lot of coconut husk bedding and very moist, humidity about 80-90% with temp around 85 during the breeding time which was Aug 2016 to Nov 2016. Then let the substrate dry out but still mist once a week during the temp around 68-70F for two months. Then turn up the heater to 77F. Then a sac dropped from one female which is the female that ate my male on Nov 24 2016. she gave me a sac on Valentine's Day! Lol....what a gift and hope she doesn't take it back.

I am planning to pull on day 33. Then incubate the nymphs for 30 days at the same method described on your thread.

Hope this helps and feel free to PM me! Good luck with your next breeding project!

Cheers,

Jason Wong
Great news, grats!!!!! And much appreciate the info!!!

louise f

Arachnoangel
Sorry to hear it didn`t work out for you, try again next time she has molted. Then she should be ready. The best of luck friend <3:)

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Sorry to hear it didn`t work out for you, try again next time she has molted. Then she should be ready. The best of luck friend <3:)
Thnx for all the videos an info an i def plan to have more attempts w/her in the future!!!!!!