Lobster Roaches as T Food?

Arachnopal

Arachnopeon
Anyone feed thier T's Lobster Roachs? Nauphoeta Cinereae? I know alot of people use dubia

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that lots of people use them, and I think they they are fed to some of the larger T's.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lobsters are great for arboreal T's because they climb but they are also a lot more of a pain to keep, also because they climb.

Nature81

Arachnopeon
I use them. The t's love them. They do climb but if you put about an inch of Vaseline around the top of the tub you keep them in they can't climb over it however I keep them with egg cartons that they can hide under and I NEVER see them climbing unless I'm messing around trying to grab one. I've had no problems so far and no escapes.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use them. The t's love them. They do climb but if you put about an inch of Vaseline around the top of the tub you keep them in they can't climb over it however I keep them with egg cartons that they can hide under and I NEVER see them climbing unless I'm messing around trying to grab one. I've had no problems so far and no escapes.
Ah, you learn something new everyday. Guess I won't ever be getting lobsters. Climbing is a definite no for me.

Arachnopal

Arachnopeon
I started a colony. eggcrates and a 2 inch strip of vasaline around the top. I am waiting for the colony to mature some so havent fed alot out of it. The 2 or 3 I have tossed to T's remain uneatten. However if I toss a cricket in all hell breaks loose. I keep telling myself they dont know this as food and have to get hungry enough to eat 1.
I am going to use this roach as the main staple of the diet. Crickets smell :barf:
Climbing issues when being fed to a burrowing T can be fixed by simply snipping off a few feet on 1 side with a pair of small scissors. it only takes a moment and it runs for cover when let go. If it tries to climb it cant. For climbers just toss them in

archieph

Arachnosquire
i have lobster roaches..

its taking forever for them to multiply.. does it really take so long?

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lots of people use them because they don't dig and they're quite active, where as dubia sit or burrow making them harder targets.

Arachnopal

Arachnopeon
its taking forever for them to multiply.. does it really take so long?

All Temp controlled. 80- 95 degrees to breed. Adult female will have about 25 babies every month. Another big thing is do not clean the colony. Some roach herders say the young eat the waste. Heathier with it in the colony.