Lizard Trap

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When i was younger i had a five-lined skink and would like another one. We have them all over the place here but i just can't seem to catch one by hand. So i thought i would make a trap to catch one. I think i will use a mason glass with a few crikets in the bottom. Do you think this will work or do you have a better idea. Thanks ahead of time.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the jar idea might work

Not sure if it'll work but try applying something like Vaseline on the inside of the jar so the crickets and skinks can't climb out.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get a gallon jar, and burry it all the way up to the rim in the dirt, and then put a cover board over that. (blocked up a little bit with rocks so stuff can get under it.) they should go under there to hide and fall in the jar! Make sure you check it twice a day.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get a gallon jar, and burry it all the way up to the rim in the dirt, and then put a cover board over that. (blocked up a little bit with rocks so stuff can get under it.) they should go under there to hide and fall in the jar! Make sure you check it twice a day.
Thanks that's a really good idea