Living near farm

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
For some of you. In October Floridians can finally start to open their windows again. By March or April, we're closing them and running the a/c.
At least there you get some humidity. In AR especially, it would go over 103 - 104 dry heat with no humidity. I remember it going past 110 one week in August. We joked that Arkansas (and other more desert states) the citizens are walking around on fire like nothing is happening, whilst tourists are burning to death.

cold blood

Staff member
For some of you. In October Floridians can finally start to open their windows again. By March or April, we're closing them and running the a/c.
Haha...I mentioned that because the op is from Michigan.

Devin261

Arachnopeon
Yeah if it gets to 90 outside people up here are crying its so hot. I just laugh because I worked in the south a bunch they don't know what hot really is.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah if it gets to 90 outside people up here are crying its so hot. I just laugh because I worked in the south a bunch they don't know what hot really is.
We have thicker blood up here...its absolutely no different than those weaktits down south complaining about the cold when its 50...we wear shorts in colder weather than that...lol.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At least there you get some humidity. In AR especially, it would go over 103 - 104 dry heat with no humidity. I remember it going past 110 one week in August. We joked that Arkansas (and other more desert states) the citizens are walking around on fire like nothing is happening, whilst tourists are burning to death.
I'll take 100-115 dry heat over 70-75 with 100% humidity any day. I've lived in both.