Lividum molten three weeks ago. The carapas is still not come off help?

Thatjoekid

Arachnopeon
So my h lividum molted like three weeks ago just noticed that the carapace is just starting to come off now what should I do ?

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
With the piece of exo where it is I wouldnt risk manipulating it to try and remove it.

I don't know if there is much you can do.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
So my h lividum molted like three weeks ago just noticed that the carapace is just starting to come off now what should I do ?
Yeah I would say for both your Ts sake and your own, leave it and see what happens. Hopefully it can still see, with any luck it will just come off on its own.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Very little you can do at this point.
Is it still connected at the pedical? The section between the carapace and opisthosoma? If so, leave mother nature to do her thing. A rupture/tear in this area is taunting a death. Otherwise, an option is to daub a water moistened Q tip on the area and wait. Upping the moisture/humidity may aid in separation, if you are hesitant on the Q tip option.
Carapace, normally, is the first section to separate during a molt. I've not experienced your situation with this species, C. darlingi yes, but came off with a moistened Q tip.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Very little you can do at this point.
Is it still connected at the pedical? The section between the carapace and opisthosoma? If so, leave mother nature to do her thing. A rupture/tear in this area is taunting a death. Otherwise, an option is to daub a water moistened Q tip on the area and wait. Upping the moisture/humidity may aid in separation, if you are hesitant on the Q tip option.
Carapace, normally, is the first section to separate during a molt. I've not experienced your situation with this species, C. darlingi yes, but came off with a moistened Q tip.
Although I've successfully done the Q tip technique before I wouldn't attempt it on a H. lividum I feel like you'd be asking to get bit fast. Honestly I'd be patient and hopefully it'll come off soon and as long as she can eat and breathe she should be fine.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't tempt fate by trying the Q tip thing either. I think it will be fine...even if it can't really see well, tarantulas have crap eyesight anyway and rely on vibration. As long as it can eat and drink it will likely be ok, even if it has to wait until the next molt.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
A large H. lividum like that likely wouldn't let you near it with a q-tip anyway lol. Good luck to you both.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is no need to remove it. Ts barely use their eyes, they rely on touch for learning their world. My B. smithi has this happen. I always leave it and it pops off her next molt. Trust me, she gets crickets and doesn't bump into things.

Thatjoekid

Arachnopeon
Cheers guys she's eating fine and drinking so I'm sure it will come off with time I'll try to drip some water on it every now and then thanks again