Lividium not burrowing

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Well my lividium isnt burrowing i decided to make a little hole for like a few inches to get it started but it just filled it in I am so confused.

Why woudl it fill in the hole so I dug another but this time a bit deeper and did it again twice now it has filled in the holes. It seems to bit happy just filing in hole and eating. It wont even use the hide i provide????

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lucky...

How about I buy a blue, and if it does burrow I will trade you...lol.

Maybe it doesn't like the substrate or something. How long have you had it, and was it burrowing before? Anything you changed recently?

Last edited:

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lucky you! ;P
Everybody complaint they can't see their H.lividium for months.
Perhaps some cross-breed terrestrial H.lividium you have? :)
Seriously, you shouldn't be worry if your T seems to be happy not-burrowed.
What substrate you use? Maybe she/he doesn't like it?
When the time comes it will disappear for months.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well my lividium isnt burrowing i decided to make a little hole for like a few inches to get it started but it just filled it in I am so confused.

Why woudl it fill in the hole so I dug another but this time a bit deeper and did it again twice now it has filled in the holes. It seems to bit happy just filing in hole and eating. It wont even use the hide i provide????
Some lividiums dont burrow until they feel comfortable so it sounds like you either rehoused him in something new or you just got him and he isnt really to burrow yet.

the first few days i had my Haplo albo. (thanks by -tor!!) he didnt burrow at all he just stayed close to the top of the enclosure then a week and half later he made a deep burrow now i barely see it him. but i dont really need to see him at all i just drop crickets down in there and if he is hungry then the crickets dissappear.

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
just rehoused to a bigger one... so that must be it oh well it is nice to get to look at him and he did just molt so he is nice and blue...

mr_x_plosion

Arachnopeon
mine used a cork bark hide the 1st day and before I knew it had dug a big burrow, caught her out last night collecting a cricket.