Little story

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a little story from yesterday. So I just got home, and my mom asks me to take a look at something outside. I follow her to the back fence, and there is a massive swarm of small isopods all over it! Since this is a fantastic opportunity to collect for my tanks, I go up to my room for something to catch them in. While I'm there, I check on my Ts.

My T. blondi was eating an exuvium and my M. velvetosoma was on her back with a popped carapace!

Now today, they're both doing great and I'll be taking some pics soon! :D

-Rob

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the molts! I need to find some dang isopods for my enclosures..

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks! I usually see lots of isopods around here, but never a huge boom in the population like this. They were just everywhere, all over the roughly 6' wooden fence lining my backyard. I got as many as I could (mainly for the same Ts that just molted, coincidentally), but I can't even say how many got away.

Last edited:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lots of isopods seem to like the small space in between our plants and the brick wall keeping them in.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the molts! I need to find some dang isopods for my enclosures..
Amen there my brother!

I've done some re-housing as of late and unfortunately it's just so hard to catch them all to re-house and it seems lately around my area being as hot and dry as it's been they are tough to find.

Typically I'll overturn a nice rotting log and find enough to start a new breeding project but it's been very slim pickins even in the normal spots.

Whats worse is that I don't introduce the WC directly but breed a few generations of young before adding those so before the coming snow I need to gather a bunch more so I have my colony set before winter!

I would hate to have to order something online that I can typically find so readily but if I must gotta have my isopods! Such good cleaners! :)

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the molts man. I did some isopod hunting a few weeks ago. finally paid off for me the other night, i got something like 80 baby isopods, now the hard part is getting them seperated from the adults without killing them. Hopefully i'll have enough to help people on here.