Little black/white insects that jump

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok when i woke up i saw loads of little black insect that look like grasshoppers but really small and some are white and i am worried that they will harm my scorpion i don't know if there mites or other things and can u plz tell me what to do :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

hadrurus 666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are most probably cricket nymphs. They wont harm your scorp but might stress it out. I suggest that you change the substrate. But wait for some other comments, i could be wrong. By the way, look at the number of legs thay have, crickets will have six in total and mites will have eight.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmmm kk i looked at one and it looked like it has 6 legs 4 front ones and 2 back jumping legs but not positive yet i don't have a magnifying glass so i'll have to wait till my mum gets bck

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there pin head's try and catch them and pass them on to some one that has sling's lol

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
kk thank you for all the help i don't really want to take them out since they are every where and when ever i pick them up i squish them whjat do they eat?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they'll all die out either from starvation or from "mass suicide" in the water dish.

if you really wanna try and collect them from the tank, put some drinking straws in with one end plugged with cotton. you can then transfer them into a different tanks by just picking up the straws.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ohhh kk but do u kno what they eat and ye i seen loads die in the water bowl lol

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they eat fruits and veggies and the commercially available cricket feed.