Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

list of parthenogenic scorpions?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by adontoridas, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    R
    I'll try submitting our claims to the scientists here and hopefully they can make a study about it so that we have proof. But it will take a while, LQD here is not real? then, what type of sp are we taking care? i know old keepers here got it from imports

2. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

No idea what the 'LQD' is as I am not sure on the locality but probably just a plain ol' LQ. But that is the big problem with the Filipino scorpion trade. Someone gets something in, claims it as something else, makes money, now everyone is making the claim.

3. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Arachnoknight

I'll send a picture of our LQD later here, and you decide wether it's an lqd or not. . .

4. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Arachnoknight

Here it is

Attached Files:

5. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Arachnoknight

And here he is after i transfered him to a new enclosure. . . this is not LQD? if not, can you id what it is. . thanks

Attached Files:

6. callum b

callum b Arachnosquire Old Timer

EU
    This thread is going a bit off topic.....but in regards to Leiurus quinquestriatus deserti, it doesn't exist. L. quinquestriatus does, but there is no deserti subspecies. Here is a recent paper detailing the current known species http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/p2014_191.pdf.

As to what species of Leiurus you have, you will need to find out where it was collected to be able to make an accurate ID.

7. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Arachnoknight

Im sorry, and thank you for your reply. . . i just brought this out because i just replied to the guy who mentioned about LQF, thanks!

8. Pipa

Pipa Arachnoknight

Interesting thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tleilaxu

Tleilaxu Arachnoprince Old Timer

Isn't Paravaejovis spinigerus parthenogenetic? I recall reading something that said they were.

10. Can I comment here? In Philippines Heterometrus Longimanus too. 7-8instar will pop. tnx

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Of course you can comment here lol. Somebody already mentioned H.longimanus. There is a newer thread concerning this topic already by the way. To add to this thread Lychas tricarinatus is also parthenogenetic.

12. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince

I believe in science,lab testing,DNA testing,and published results with scorpion ID.I think sometimes we just hope and try to will something to be true.

13. Pielinobius

Pielinobius Arachnopeon

Parabuthus Liosoma is also parthenogenetic.

14. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

Finally, a old thread that should be resurrected.

15. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

There is no scientific proof of this. It is not impossible, but claims from the Philippines of many different scorpions species being parthenogentic are common. Not once has anything been proved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Arachnoknight

I for one can attest to this claim about H. Longimanus being Parthenogenic, since almost all of us here have experienced it. As well as P. Liosoma, but since we are not scientist then our claims dontd matter Just sharing

17. Major 78

Major 78 Arachnosquire

What is the least dangerous Parthenogenic Scorp? And how bad is it's sting?

18. BobBarley

BobBarley Arachnoprince

Prob Liocheles australasiae. I've never heard of a sting from one, dunno if they can even pierce skin. However, people say it should be close to that of a mosquito bite haha.

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.