list of parthenogenic scorpions?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
R
The real problem is that everyone keeps claiming that the H. longimanus they have are parthenogenic but no one will send them to a scorpion biologist. It's hard to just take someone's word for it when there is no proof. Much like the Leiurus quinquestriatus 'deserti' that comes out of the Philippines. That is not a valid species but everyone that has it claims it is.
I'll try submitting our claims to the scientists here and hopefully they can make a study about it so that we have proof. But it will take a while, LQD here is not real? then, what type of sp are we taking care? i know old keepers here got it from imports

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No idea what the 'LQD' is as I am not sure on the locality but probably just a plain ol' LQ. But that is the big problem with the Filipino scorpion trade. Someone gets something in, claims it as something else, makes money, now everyone is making the claim.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
No idea what the 'LQD' is as I am not sure on the locality but probably just a plain ol' LQ. But that is the big problem with the Filipino scorpion trade. Someone gets something in, claims it as something else, makes money, now everyone is making the claim.
I'll send a picture of our LQD later here, and you decide wether it's an lqd or not. . .

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
And here he is after i transfered him to a new enclosure. . . this is not LQD? if not, can you id what it is. . thanks

Attachments

callum b

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This thread is going a bit off topic.....but in regards to Leiurus quinquestriatus deserti, it doesn't exist. L. quinquestriatus does, but there is no deserti subspecies. Here is a recent paper detailing the current known species http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/p2014_191.pdf.

As to what species of Leiurus you have, you will need to find out where it was collected to be able to make an accurate ID.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
This thread is going a bit off topic.....but in regards to Leiurus quinquestriatus deserti, it doesn't exist. L. quinquestriatus does, but there is no deserti subspecies. Here is a recent paper detailing the current known species http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/p2014_191.pdf.

As to what species of Leiurus you have, you will need to find out where it was collected to be able to make an accurate ID.
Im sorry, and thank you for your reply. . . i just brought this out because i just replied to the guy who mentioned about LQF, thanks!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Isn't Paravaejovis spinigerus parthenogenetic? I recall reading something that said they were.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Can I comment here? In Philippines Heterometrus Longimanus too. 7-8instar will pop. tnx
Of course you can comment here lol. Somebody already mentioned H.longimanus. There is a newer thread concerning this topic already by the way. To add to this thread Lychas tricarinatus is also parthenogenetic.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I believe in science,lab testing,DNA testing,and published results with scorpion ID.I think sometimes we just hope and try to will something to be true.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Parabuthus Liosoma is also parthenogenetic.
There is no scientific proof of this. It is not impossible, but claims from the Philippines of many different scorpions species being parthenogentic are common. Not once has anything been proved.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
I for one can attest to this claim about H. Longimanus being Parthenogenic, since almost all of us here have experienced it. As well as P. Liosoma, but since we are not scientist then our claims dontd matter Just sharing

Major 78

Arachnosquire
What is the least dangerous Parthenogenic Scorp? And how bad is it's sting?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
What is the least dangerous Parthenogenic Scorp? And how bad is it's sting?
Prob Liocheles australasiae. I've never heard of a sting from one, dunno if they can even pierce skin. However, people say it should be close to that of a mosquito bite haha.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Hi y'all. I've rescued this thread because I have a doubt.

Since 2008, were there any news on Parthenogenetic scorpions, besides these 12?

Tia,
Arachnid Addicted.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Hi y'all. I've rescued this thread because I have a doubt.

Since 2008, were there any news on Parthenogenetic scorpions, besides these 12?

Tia,
Arachnid Addicted.
Janalychas tricarinatus, Serradigitus miscionei and Pseudolychas ochraceus have been published to be parhenogenetic in literature since.
The first species is quite common in hobby now. It is very likely that parthenogeny will be found in much more species, especially in case of tropical buthids.