User Liquifin's Tarantula Pictures

Liquifin

Arachnoking
No more space for me on the gallery until I upgrade :rolleyes:. So I'll post pictures on my own picture thread thread until then. ;)

0.1 Theraphosa blondi Feeding
IMG_0998.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I've finally gotten a female Poecilotheria from a sling. My P. ornata molted and it is indeed confirm female, which I'm so happy right now :D;). My favorite species of all time to finally be female.

0.1 Poecilotheria ornata
IMG_1023.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My goddess has molted aka. Crassicrus sp. Guerrero has molted and she looks absolutely stunner. I feel bad that everyone threw this species under the radar.

0.1 Crassicrus sp. Guerrero

IMG_1062.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My M. balfouri dropped her sac today. While I'm glad that she dropped a sac, it appears to be only around 10-20 eggs from candling the egg sac hammock with my flashlight. This is on the smaller number of eggs for this species with most being around 30-40 eggs a sac. So profit wise, I'll only break even on this breeding project and not so much on profit. But I'm still glad to have something at least. I don't call anything a successfull breeding until their are actual slings. So lets wait and see in the next few weeks.

0.1 Monocentropus balfouri with eggsac Hammock

IMG_1067.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
0.1 Stromatopelma calcaetum

IMG_1075.JPG

0.1 Tliltocatl albopilosum (Honduran)

IMG_1084.JPG

Tam Smith

Arachnopeon
That's a beautful spider. I have one myself. Shes a sweet heart. I let my grandkids hold it.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
While I'm waiting for my second female to drop, my first M. balfouri dropped her second (double clutch) egg sac today and it's a bit bigger than the first one she laid a couple months ago. I'm guessing maybe 50-80 eggs based on candling the eggsac with my flashlight on the side, but this egg sac will stay with mom and hopefully she can watch them grow up with her. ;) Not the best picture, but I don't want to disturb her too much.

0.1 Monocentropus balfouri (double clutch)
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Thumbnails inserts for now and no full images at the moment, but two freshly molted T.'s this week along 3 other T.'s. But these two for now will do on pictures.

0.1 Megaphobema mesomelas Freshly Molted

IMG_1273.JPG

0.1 GBB Freshly Molted

IMG_1266.JPG

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Nice, they oughta call the megaphobemas giant red knees, the velvety texture and coloration stand out to me the most. How big do they generally get?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Nice, they oughta call the megaphobemas giant red knees, the velvety texture and coloration stand out to me the most. How big do they generally get?
What I've heard, they get around 8'' as adults, however, I can't be too sure because my girl is still a juvenile at 4'' so I want to see myself. I do have to say that captive bred individuals are more tolerant to warmer temperatures somewhat. My girl still eats very well even at 72-75 (F) whenever temps get that high, but I try to stay in the 68-72 range if possible.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
1.0 Mature Male Ceratogyrus marshalli (Freshly Molted)

IMG_1479.JPG

1.0 Theraphosa stirmi (Freshly Molted Suspect Pen-ultimate Male)

IMG_1475.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My P. cambridgei molted and got her lost 2 legs back which were lost in her last molt.

0.1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei Freshly Molted Female

IMG_1517.JPG

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If you raised from sling, and this is MF, not sure, how long did it take to fully mature?
Yes, this was my girl I raised from a sling at 3/4'' into a mature female. It took a year and a half to reach maturity. If you want, I can give you her molt dates as I monitor most of my females that I plan to breed or sell in the future.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes, this was my girl I raised from a sling at 3/4'' into a mature female. It took a year and a half to reach maturity. If you want, I can give you her molt dates as I monitor most of my females that I plan to breed or sell in the future.
No don’t worry about that right now, I may later. I just wanted an estimate on maturity rate for females for the ones I just got.