Liquifin's Tarantula Breeder's Diary

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Congrats. I glad your pokie slings are doing well. Can’t wait to see what happens in the future. Happy keeping 😀

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I decided to breed my Neoholothele incei because it's a personal favorite of mine. But here you go since I need to update my log here on this thread. ;)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
These babies hatched out at 23-24 days. How early am I right? Anyways, separating these baby slings will be an absolute treat and chore at the same time. ;) :lol::rofl:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I have not updated this thread in a long while. But here's what's happening.

Chilobrachys sp. "Electric Blue" | Thailand Electric Blue Tarantula
pairing went well after about 2 weeks of trying. It seems females of this species do not vibrate, drum, or signal males. They instead mainly go into a defense posture instantly and I can see why males get intimidated at times to approach females. But let's see where this goes long term. I'm hoping for the best and a video will be out on Friday. So stay tuned because I was very excited.

Poecilotheria striata | Mysore Ornamental Tarantula
The females all mostly molted out but I still do have the mature males and more large juvenile males just in case for the future. I have decided to keep about 4-5 females from a previous sac as future breeders. But pairing them again is going to take some time to prepare, also it's a pain. The other females I'm selling here on the Classifieds section if you're interested in buying a female. No males will be for sale as I'm keeping mines for future potential projects.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens | Green Bottle Blue Tarantula
I have two mature females and one almost mature female. Maybe one or two more molts until the smaller female has a developed enough spermathecae and also a decent size in legspan for pairing. I have two males, which one just matured into a mature male. This is something I will try to pair in the next month or two depending on how long it take for a male to make a sperm web. As embarrasing as it is to say, I have never paired any Green Bottle Blues before. So this one is a first, but I am fairly confident I can get something done since I have experience breeding tarantulas.

Harpactira pulchripes | Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula
I have kept about 38 specimens, which one just molted into a mature male and he's also very tiny compared to his father. Currently they are about 2.5''-3'' and some are approaching their adult stage with coloration finally being that azure blue color. They should be of size in the next 7-10 months based on how they're cared and monitored in terms of growth. I have no clue how many males or females I have as I am too lazy to sex them at the moment. But I will eventually :bag:. They are for next years breeding season for me. So let's see how that goes.

Theraphosa Genus
It's been two years and I still cannot replicate the requirements to get a Theraphosa to drop properly for an eggsac. This one of those genus/species I am convinced that needs some sort of special care to get a sac to drop properly as the typical female gravid treatment just doesn't work after trying again and again. But I believe I got it down. I will have a re-attempt on the Theraphosa stirmi in the future if she does molt. The males are for sure long lived and my male is still alive and kicking after about 2 years. The other species such as T. blondi and T. apophysis is something else I've been trying to get going. I think I finally got my male T. apophysis, but I need another larger molt to be sure. As the "suspect" male specimen is only of 2.5''-3'' in terms of size currently. So that makes it 1.4.0 in terms of T. apophysis. The T. blondi for some reason favors females for me. I now have a third female and no males, so now its 0.3.0 but I'm trying.

That's about it. Until the next update.
;)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I tried the GBB to see if what they said about females is true and it seems so. I tried three times and the first two times the male just walked off away which I recorded hours of nothing (but I'll make a video with what I got. The third time (I did not record), she just ran on him and tried to eat him, which I saved him but with a cost of one of his pedipalps. So now he only has one pedipalp to work with, So I'll try again next week with a video coming tomorrow with the first two attempts of nothing. LMAO.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
As I've stated about the video, here we go. The GBB pairing that went nowhere.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
As I've stated about the video, here we go. The GBB pairing that went nowhere.

Lol, dude took one stroll through her place and was like :meh: 'I'm out'. Nice to see a vid of the breeding misses as well as the hits, shows that it's more work getting these guys to pair up than some onlookers might think!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This really needs an update. But here we go.

I need some males for sure. It's like all the males have gone extinct that I need. I'm still trying to get a T. blondi male. I just got a sling and hoping that it proves out male. Also in search of other males as well. I would like to post an ad on what I need. But I'm not an active member. So whoever and whenever I become an active member, I will for sure post an ad on some males I need. :)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Okay, I've decided what I want to work this year for tarantula breeding projects. I don't plan on much this year for breeding as I want to grow out my hold backs that I produced from last year. So it's going to be a smaller breeding year for me, but here we go:

Currently Working On This Year:

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens | GBB --- Already ready to go. Pairing and breeding attempts in the following 2 weeks at earliest. 3 females and one mature male. 1 female in premolt, but the other two are good to go. Let's see what happens.

Poecilotheria striata | Mysore Ornamental Tarantula --- Almost all the females molted out, but I still have mature males. So we're going to give them another go. One female is actually gravid and another maybe gravid. Don't want to count the eggs before the chickens. So I'm just going to see what happens.

Males I Need For Current Projects This Year:

Caribena versicolor | Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula --- 5 females ready to go, but no males in sight.

Chilobrachys sp. "electric blue" | Electric Blue Tarantula --- My male passed on and the female molted out. So i'm going to give it another go once I find a male. I do have two females as the second one is almost mature enough.

Poecilotheria subfusca "highland" --- A longshot, but I could use a mature male for my adult female.

The "Maybe"/"Side" Breeding Projects This Year (If I can get a male):

Harpactira pulchripes | Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula --- I need small males. I have a lot of females that'll probably be ready for breeding soon later this year. So a few small males to grow out will do.

Pterinochilus murinus | OBT Tarantula --- I do have females and wouldn't mind breeding them again.

Psalmopoeus irminia | Venezuelan Sun Tiger Tarantula --- I might give this one a go, I know where to get males. But let's see.

There might be somethings I left out, but that is the current list as of now. It's small but it actually might get bigger for this list later on down the year. But for now this is what I have planned or am currently think about.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
GBB in the works. :cool:

Okay, this took so many hours that my camera light batteries died. So now we have this dark and monotone color recording. But I'll make a video for Friday. More to come for this year. :smirk:

gbbb.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Here is the video of the first female GBB breeding. Spoilers: He lives on every and all three females he was paired with, ;)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Here's something I'm working on. Yep, it's Caribena versicolor and a few of them to come in the following days. I have a video for tomorrow that I'll post on here soon. Stay TUNED!

1.1.0 Caribena versicolor Breeding | Antilles Pink Toe Breeding - #1

CBVB1-00;07;35;44.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
C. versicolor Pairing #1. Now onto my other females in future updates and videos. :cool: Enjoy.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
C. versicolor Pairing #1. Now onto my other females in future updates and videos. :cool: Enjoy.

How do you go about conditioning them prior to pairing? I can’t seem to get my male interested

Liquifin

Arachnoking
How do you go about conditioning them prior to pairing? I can’t seem to get my male interested
How long has he been mature? When was his last sperm web that you can date? Is it the male or female that is uninterested in breeding?

I find C. versicolor to be one of the easier tarantulas to pair up and also one of the quicker ones to breed as well in comparison to other species that can take hours of waiting.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
How long has he been mature? When was his last sperm web that you can date? Is it the male or female that is uninterested in breeding?

I find C. versicolor to be one of the easier tarantulas to pair up and also one of the quicker ones to breed as well in comparison to other species that can take hours of waiting.
He is a loaner so I’m not sure about sperm web. But he allegedly matured around the same time my female molted towards the end of december. She starts to tap but he doesn’t respond to her and just wanders around.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I got another Green Bottle Blue Tarantula Breeding video coming soon. This is his second female and one more after this one.

The male got eaten..... NO, I'm just kidding. He lives, LOL. He actually survives all 3 females. Anyhow, I figured out the trick to breeding them with reducing or preventing the chances of the female eating the male. So he survives and is still alive now. He's eating less, but he's still wandering around. STAY TUNED :cool:

GBBB2-00;02;55;45.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
GBB female #2 paired.

Now one more female GBB and I have to say that I'm tired. :sleepy: