Liphistius ornatus care

letranger

Arachnopeon
I was reading from many different sites that betadine treats fungal infections on spiders. I have been doing it for 2 days now and the spider has been eating fine, and the mark doesn't seem to be spreading. Notice the irregular white patch on the third joint of the 8th walking leg.
don't treat your spider for fungal infection because it does not have one

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon
Took my Liphistius yangae sling 2 days. 3 or 4 days for my Liphistius sp Khao Luang sling. Although that little rascal ate a cricket before building a trapdoor. When I rehoused my Liphistius cf ornatus she set up shop within 24 hours. I did carefully remove her old silk sock and trapdoor intact too. "Planted" that in the new larger enclosure but it seemed she wanted to start a fresh.
Mine still hasn't even started building hers after 4 days, she's still eaten alot though.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
My Liphistius fuscus sling took 2 weeks to build one! It was absolutely tiny too. I was sure it wasn’t going to make it after a week with no burrow and not eating. It was so skinny too. But it did finally make one and now has molted twice! ☺

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon
My Liphistius fuscus sling took 2 weeks to build one! It was absolutely tiny too. I was sure it wasn’t going to make it after a week with no burrow and not eating. It was so skinny too. But it did finally make one and now has molted twice! ☺
Where did you get a L. fuscus.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Joe Rossi here on the forums has some or did last time I checked! I got mine from someone else but I’d recommend Joe over them 🙂

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon
Joe Rossi here on the forums has some or did last time I checked! I got mine from someone else but I’d recommend Joe over them 🙂
I couldn't actually get one since I live in Thailand (I like to look at what European and American spider shops have for fun), I just haven't seen fuscus as an option on any online stores.

BrothaJordan

Arachnopeon
Pull the whole burrow out of the sub. Their silk is outrageously strong and will come out like butter.
Okay, that is refreshing. I was watching videos of the someone doing that. It looked scary for the little guy so I wanted to double check here to make sure that is the proper way to do it without causing harm.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Okay, that is refreshing. I was watching videos of the someone doing that. It looked scary for the little guy so I wanted to double check here to make sure that is the proper way to do it without causing harm.
DON'T just pull their web "sock" up. Chances are it'll just rip and then sub will fill their burrow.

Why are you changing the sub in the first place?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I wanted to try a different substrate to see if it would add the "trip wire" on something it would be more comfortable with. That was the main goal. I will hold off for now.
I recently rehoused my largest as she was trying to dig down further in her old enclosure. She hasn't made any trip lines yet in the new one.

Old.
6DAC2AED-8E59-4F11-BD89-B6906A1CD248.jpeg

New.
B294415E-8FDC-4425-B6BD-DE72DA58F4C8.jpeg

82678C83-2BC0-4C0C-8899-DE3613249C8D.gif