Liphistiidae/Liphisitiid- day!Liphistius ornatus breeding success

Ambly

Arachnobaron
So I still have a ton of these guys... some still very tiny, some getting huge. Some are also starting to surface, probably running out of room and hitting other burrows. I think it is time to start distributing some, but holding on to a lot myself (in hopes to continue breeding efforts). I love these spiders, but it's definitely a burden. I know some folks say the habitat destruction is minimal, and that so few come into the states, but I don't agree.

If I were to post a classified, is it within the rules to put some stipulations? I would like to see a proper set up before selling a spider, in hopes that we can keep these in the trade vs. in peatmoss, never to be seen again until wild collected.

I couldn't find anything saying I could not require that.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
If I were to post a classified, is it within the rules to put some stipulations? I would like to see a proper set up before selling a spider, in hopes that we can keep these in the trade vs. in peatmoss, never to be seen again until wild collected.

I couldn't find anything saying I could not require that.
Absolutely! The required terms and service for every ad posted in the classifieds is not limited to just your standard LAG or other policies (like return and refunds). You are most certainly allowed to add conditions for the sale of your spiders in addition to what is required. Within our terms and rules for classifieds usage it states "ToS must include, but is not limited to..." Feel free to PM if you need additional information.

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Thanks for your reply - and that's great to here! I figure any serious buyers would have no issue you know... preparing for the animal they're going to receive:)

Zeiss

Arachnopeon
I know it has been a while, but has anything been done with these in the past 4 years?