Liocheles sp. celebes

scorpion overlord

Arachnopeon
I got a liocheles sp celebes a few months ago but can’t find anything out about them. When I search it up I usually see vinegaroons and liocheles australasea and liocheles wagiensis, anyone have any info on them? This is my one. B8C759B4-727E-402C-ABDF-F1EA1F0A6639.jpeg

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
A brief search reveals that L. nigripes and L. australasiae are the only two accepted species recorded from Indonesia; the now-invalid L. weberi was found in Celebes(Sulawesi), but I can't find what it was synonymized with.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I got a liocheles sp celebes a few months ago but can’t find anything out about them. When I search it up I usually see vinegaroons and liocheles australasea and liocheles wagiensis, anyone have any info on them? This is my one. View attachment 383959
I see you are in the UK, and I'm pretty sure where you purchased it. It's L. australasiae, no such animal as L.celebes. As Arthroverts says Celebes is only an island in Salawesi. Many scorpions are wrongly identified, and the retailer/ sellers can only go on information supplied by the wholesaler, unless the retailer has exceptional knowledge on most scorpion species. Give your scorpion the same care as the others in this family.

scorpion overlord

Arachnopeon
I see you are in the UK, and I'm pretty sure where you purchased it. It's L. australasiae, no such animal as L.celebes. As Arthroverts says Celebes is only an island in Salawesi. Many scorpions are wrongly identified, and the retailer/ sellers can only go on information supplied by the wholesaler, unless the retailer has exceptional knowledge on most scorpion species. Give your scorpion the same care as the others in this family.
Alright, thanks. I have been caring for it like L.australasea. I got her from bugzuk