Liocheles australasiae issues

LimKH

Arachnopeon
The recent scorpion I got was a dwarf wood scorpion
(AKA Liocheles australasiae) wasn't eating at all for a week. I've been tong feeding him everyday and he/she still doesn't want would eat, I don't know why:sour:, and I'm getting a little frustrated because of this. Can someone help me please, thank you. :)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How long have you had it? Scorps typically need a few days to settle in to a new home. I found my L. australasiae to be pretty finicky with food and they typically wouldn't take it from me. But if I left it in with them they'd either catch it or scavenge. It could also be full, they'll go on fasts from time to time if well fed.

LimKH

Arachnopeon
How long have you had it? Scorps typically need a few days to settle in to a new home. I found my L. australasiae to be pretty finicky with food and they typically wouldn't take it from me. But if I left it in with them they'd either catch it or scavenge. It could also be full, they'll go on fasts from time to time if well fed.
I've had it for a week already, i also left a fresh pre killed dubia inside the enclosure but it didn't wanna eat (It was there for 2 days). Maybe wait a little longer? And how can you tell if it's in premolt?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've had it for a week already, i also left a fresh pre killed dubia inside the enclosure but it didn't wanna eat (It was there for 2 days). Maybe wait a little longer? And how can you tell if it's in premolt?
I'd give it another week to settle in. As @FrankiePinchinatti said, it'll be really fat.

Preach

Arachnopeon
Liocheles australasiae is parthenogenetic. That is rhey all can give birth without mating

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
L. australasiae are all females, they give birth without males (parthenogenetic).

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
The recent scorpion I got was a dwarf wood scorpion
(AKA Liocheles australasiae) wasn't eating at all for a week. I've been tong feeding him everyday and he/she still doesn't want would eat, I don't know why:sour:, and I'm getting a little frustrated because of this. Can someone help me please, thank you. :)

Yes, give it a week. Another method is prekill a cricket and place the dead cricket in close proximity to scorpion. If it is under a hide then gently lift the hide and place the dead cricket near the scorpion without alarming it. Re-cover the scorpion. Leave the dead cricket over night and recheck in the morning/afternoon and see if the dead cricket is gone (if not throw it away).

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wait wut???? I know that they give birth without males but males don't exist for Liocheles australasiae??? :anxious:
I don't believe any have been found at this point, but I could be wrong.

LimKH

Arachnopeon
Yes, give it a week. Another method is prekill a cricket and place the dead cricket in close proximity to scorpion. If it is under a hide then gently lift the hide and place the dead cricket near the scorpion without alarming it. Re-cover the scorpion. Leave the dead cricket over night and recheck in the morning/afternoon and see if the dead cricket is gone (if not throw it away).
I will do that later on and see whether she wants to eat it.