Liocheles australasiae brood!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They look like mini emperors. Going by their claws, I'm assuming it's pretty harmless.

Congratulations on the babies.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Congrats!

How has your experience been keeping a parthenogenetic species?
I have always been scared of getting any just because I am afraid I won't be able to sell them or even give them away. The scorpion keeping hobby in my country is basically non-existent, so you tend to sit with all the little ones if your females give birth.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome Dustin,

That's interesting about the cannabalism though. Crazy to see how parthenogenisis is so different between genera and even species.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Man, these are awesome. The one I received from you died last year without even molting once. :( What has been the survival rate of these broods from your experience?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all! :) I have some for sale now and these will be for sale too!

Congrats!

How has your experience been keeping a parthenogenetic species?
I have always been scared of getting any just because I am afraid I won't be able to sell them or even give them away. The scorpion keeping hobby in my country is basically non-existent, so you tend to sit with all the little ones if your females give birth.
The thing is, is that parthenogenetic scorpions are insanely popular. Even when stigmurus were flooded in the hobby, you could still sell or give them away. I have no idea what the market in your country is like, but i think non-US countries have much less lax export/import laws, so you at least have a global market!

Even then, these are great scorpions to keep as theyre handlable (not that i codone that!) and very timid.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Hey guys! I just wanted to share some of my recent success!

These guys are fantastic little parthenogenetic scorpions. I love keeping them. For a great guide on how to raise them and what theyre like, check this link! (Though I've found them to be cannibalistic their entire lifespan) http://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t3218-liocheles-australasiae

Congrats, Dustin. AGAIN!!!! LOL!
The pair I got from you a while back are doing extremely well. Both molted twice, take lat nymphs and pinheads, only see them out late at night. They're in separate enclosures since I've had them.
At what instar should I expect scorplings? 7th? Or possibly 6th? Found little info online, just basic stuff, very small and a parthenogenic species. Will check the link you posted.
Btw, gravid pauciden is still a big fatty. Lol!
Nothing much at todays reptile show, did get a contact person w/h P. miranda, hoping they have slings.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats, Dustin. AGAIN!!!! LOL!
The pair I got from you a while back are doing extremely well. Both molted twice, take lat nymphs and pinheads, only see them out late at night. They're in separate enclosures since I've had them.
At what instar should I expect scorplings? 7th? Or possibly 6th? Found little info online, just basic stuff, very small and a parthenogenic species. Will check the link you posted.
Btw, gravid pauciden is still a big fatty. Lol!
Nothing much at todays reptile show, did get a contact person w/h P. miranda, hoping they have slings.
I believe 7i.

Good to hear! I totally forgot yesterday was the show. I wanted to go check stuff out there.