Linothele spp. Care?

basin79

ArachnoGod
How is their temperament? Do they often threat posture?
Macrothele or Linothele? I don't think Linothele are defensive but obviously with only owning this small sling for 4 days I don't have any experience.

Macrothele though? They're extremely defensive even as slings and will not hesitate to give you a defensive posture if they feel the need.

And yes even though my sling is about 1.5cm she's already bonny.

F6796169-C5B5-45F7-B52B-A7500EFDEF71.jpeg 2E55B819-7C8D-4DDA-AC7E-BA775E3E0C28.jpeg 1657DFF0-D489-4725-8F78-4F42A8C4B21C.jpeg

LinotheleLover

Arachnosquire
Macrothele or Linothele? I don't think Linothele are defensive but obviously with only owning this small sling for 4 days I don't have any experience.

Macrothele though? They're extremely defensive even as slings and will not hesitate to give you a defensive posture if they feel the need.

And yes even though my sling is about 1.5cm she's already bonny.

View attachment 352494 View attachment 352495 View attachment 352496
Such a nice species. One of my favorite genus' of spiders. Beautiful specimen you have.

xmasol

Arachnopeon
I love talking about these guys! Currently not a whole lot of pubs are available for them. Really care for them is pretty simple. I keep its substrate moist by spraying down the corners along with spraying its web. Make sure you give it alot of places to anchor its web. They put on tremendous size with molts and love to eat. Are very responsive to their webbing however ***IME aren't too keen on larger prey. Their speed can be VERY intimidating at first however once they have settled into their enclosure will always bolt to their webbed up corner. They don't burrow but have witnessed mine make dirt curtains below the bottom layer of webbing during a pre molt. For pre molt they will refuse to eat and abdomen will be plump and shiny. If you were thinking about handling these for some reason I'd advice not to. The potency of their venom is unknown and are faster than a human can react.

Sorry P.S. I have never seen a threat posture from mine as they use their speed to retreat.

LinotheleLover

Arachnosquire
I love talking about these guys! Currently not a whole lot of pubs are available for them. Really care for them is pretty simple. I keep its substrate moist by spraying down the corners along with spraying its web. Make sure you give it alot of places to anchor its web. They put on tremendous size with molts and love to eat. Are very responsive to their webbing however ***IME aren't too keen on larger prey. Their speed can be VERY intimidating at first however once they have settled into their enclosure will always bolt to their webbed up corner. They don't burrow but have witnessed mine make dirt curtains below the bottom layer of webbing during a pre molt. For pre molt they will refuse to eat and abdomen will be plump and shiny. If you were thinking about handling these for some reason I'd advice not to. The potency of their venom is unknown and are faster than a human can react.
That's so cool. Have you ever tried to breed them? Are they known for eating the males? They seem to be pretty rare in the US so I would eventually like to pair once mine reaches sexual maturity.

xmasol

Arachnopeon
That's so cool. Have you ever tried to breed them? Are they known for eating the males? They seem to be pretty rare in the US so I would eventually like to pair once mine reaches sexual maturity.
I honestly just don’t have time to pair as of now however, I’d assume they eat the male given the chance. The genus as a whole is just amazing. I plan on picking up some sp Panama very soon. They are VERY pricey. There’re are YouTube videos of them pairing so I doubt it’s a very difficult process. Unfortunately a lot of people are turned off by non T’s which is why they are so uncommon.