Linothele megatheloides housing

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
So I’ve had this species for a couple months now, currently it has a taller than wide enclosure, but the problem was when I bought it I didn’t realize it had slight damage done, on the seams of where each side of the enclosure connects some of it was loose, so there is extremely small gaps, not large enough for the spider substrate or prey to escape bear in mind, it still works as an enclosure but I fear it loses much of the humidity and moisture, not to mention just fragile as it is now. Would this spider benefit more from a small amount of substrate but long and equally tall enclosure or would it be better off in the same style of enclosure it’s in now? The first pic is the L. meg current enclosure the second is my pelinobius muticus enclosure which I have a duplicate of that can be adjusted. 3437634E-2909-4AD5-BA19-5F93B7DE58E7.jpeg 3C662F44-DE82-4FC1-AE70-C056036CC820.jpeg

basin79

ArachnoGod
So I’ve had this species for a couple months now, currently it has a taller than wide enclosure, but the problem was when I bought it I didn’t realize it had slight damage done, on the seams of where each side of the enclosure connects some of it was loose, so there is extremely small gaps, not large enough for the spider substrate or prey to escape bear in mind, it still works as an enclosure but I fear it loses much of the humidity and moisture, not to mention just fragile as it is now. Would this spider benefit more from a small amount of substrate but long and equally tall enclosure or would it be better off in the same style of enclosure it’s in now? The first pic is the L. meg current enclosure the second is my pelinobius muticus enclosure which I have a duplicate of that can be adjusted. View attachment 384646 View attachment 384647
Acrylic enclosures aren't good with damp substrate.

Your Pelinobius muticus could do with damp sub towards the bottom. Dry on top, a little damp towards the bottom.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Acrylic enclosures aren't good with damp substrate.

Your Pelinobius muticus could do with damp sub towards the bottom. Dry on top, a little damp towards the bottom.
Indeed I just saw Khaleesi filled her burrow and is on top, first time I’ve ever seen her like that since I’ve had her, and that’s good to know the enclosure she is in and that I can move the mega into is glass, would you recommend rehousing into that?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Indeed I just saw Khaleesi filled her burrow and is on top, first time I’ve ever seen her like that since I’ve had her, and that’s good to know the enclosure she is in and that I can move the mega into is glass, would you recommend rehousing into that?
I'm not sure how much acrylic actually bows. I just know it does if it gets damp. I use plastic tubs for the majority of my spiders/tarantulas.