Resolved Links Needing Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I had an alert that one of the links that I have provided needed my attention. I went to the link and it indicated that the link to the website was not working... except it was working just fine. I pasted the exact same link into the field again and it was working. The link has not changed, I just copied and pasted it into the field with no changes to it.
Now, the link has a green ✅ but I still have an alert that it needs my attention.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It's happening again with the same link. I'm getting the alert that a link needs attention. The error message is saying that the URL is not available, but when I click on the link it takes me right to the website. The URL is fine and it is working.
Bruce.jpg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
One cause is server issues. The link works from your location but not from the server.

As an aside, an FYI. Another cause is government firewalls. Get behind China's bamboo curtain and you get that error message all the time. If the US doesn't get on top of net neutrality that error message can become the norm.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I had an alert that one of the links that I have provided needed my attention. I went to the link and it indicated that the link to the website was not working... except it was working just fine. I pasted the exact same link into the field again and it was working. The link has not changed, I just copied and pasted it into the field with no changes to it.
Now, the link has a green ✅ but I still have an alert that it needs my attention.
I get that error often enough that I seldom check it anymore; intermittent server problems (on the site's end or our end when the link is being checked) can cause it.

Status
Not open for further replies.