Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Resolved Links Needing Attention

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Vanessa, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanessa

Vanessa Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    I had an alert that one of the links that I have provided needed my attention. I went to the link and it indicated that the link to the website was not working... except it was working just fine. I pasted the exact same link into the field again and it was working. The link has not changed, I just copied and pasted it into the field with no changes to it.
    Now, the link has a green ✅ but I still have an alert that it needs my attention.

2. Vanessa

Vanessa Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

It's happening again with the same link. I'm getting the alert that a link needs attention. The error message is saying that the URL is not available, but when I click on the link it takes me right to the website. The URL is fine and it is working.
    Bruce.jpg

3. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

One cause is server issues. The link works from your location but not from the server.

As an aside, an FYI. Another cause is government firewalls. Get behind China's bamboo curtain and you get that error message all the time. If the US doesn't get on top of net neutrality that error message can become the norm.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  4. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I get that error often enough that I seldom check it anymore; intermittent server problems (on the site's end or our end when the link is being checked) can cause it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.