Limp tarantula

Mary1987

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I’ve got a 5 year old A. Seemani who is completely limp, but not in a death curl. I put it in the icu. I’ve never been good at sexing my Ts. It’s been active in the last few days and had some crickets about a week ago. It’s abdomen is rather plump, maybe its molting? Also, it had done some thick almost funnel like webbing a couple of weeks ago, but I removed it when I changed its water, it was stuck to its water container and came up when I lifted it out. I hope its ok!

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Was it on it's back when you found it? If it is still in an ICU, take it out and put it back in its enclosure. If it was on it's back it was certainly molting and you've disturbed it, so it likely won't make it. The only thing you can do is put it back the way you found it and hope some miracle happens.

Mary1987

Arachnopeon
Was it on it's back when you found it? If it is still in an ICU, take it out and put it back in its enclosure. If it was on it's back it was certainly molting and you've disturbed it, so it likely won't make it. The only thing you can do is put it back the way you found it and hope some miracle happens.
I should have clarified, it was not on its back. I just took a picture that way in case anyone could tell me if it’s male or not.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I should have clarified, it was not on its back. I just took a picture that way in case anyone could tell me if it’s male or not.
If it's limp, I'm not sure the gender matters unless you're filling out a death certificate... Is it moving or responding at all?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
If it’s male I could understand why it died.
It's certainly not a mature male, so it didn't die of old age, if that's what you're thinking. I'm not sure from the pic you posted that it's male, anyways. There's no telling what happened exactly, but I would agree that it's deceased. They don't just go limp and not respond to any stimulus, especially handling. Sorry for your loss.

additude

Arachnosquire
How was it "Stuck" to the water container? What made it "Stick" to the water container?