Lights for bioactive enclosure(LED trip?)

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
Hi! My shelves are complete and now I want to upgrade some lights below every shelf so that they shine above terrariums. I ve got some good terrarium plants and my question is:
What kind of lights are good for plants to sustain. The plants require small amount of light. Will the LED strip light be enough?

Frogdaddy

Arachnobaron
Not to sound like a jerk but the only answer i have is...maybe? It depends on the light requirements of your plants and the amount of lumens your LED strip light put out. I personally prefer compact fluorescent or high end LED's that put out 6500K light. That is the natural temp of sunlight and it's got a bit of a bluish tint to it not like the warm or soft white light from regular bulbs. There are some very nice LED lights that will produce amazing plant growth. Arcadia manufactures some nice ones and they should be available in Europe.
Now, once you have the lights set up, we expect pictures of your shelves.

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
Not to sound like a jerk but the only answer i have is...maybe? It depends on the light requirements of your plants and the amount of lumens your LED strip light put out. I personally prefer compact fluorescent or high end LED's that put out 6500K light. That is the natural temp of sunlight and it's got a bit of a bluish tint to it not like the warm or soft white light from regular bulbs. There are some very nice LED lights that will produce amazing plant growth. Arcadia manufactures some nice ones and they should be available in Europe.
Now, once you have the lights set up, we expect pictures of your shelves.
Arcadia way over my budget, I saw some 1,5 meter 6500k with 2420lm that are ¼ the cost. Will try with them. Thanks for specification info!