Lights after 10 pm?

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone, so it is getting warmer here and i have finally decided to bring my T into my room again (there was too much traffic and noise for her upstairs)
but quick question, I usually have the light on a little bit after 10, would it be ok for the light to be on after 10 pm for a T? Would it disturb her day/night cycle??

TJ 68

Arachnopeon
I have Ts in Different areas of the house , Never in direct sunlight or Bright light. Some don't mind a lit room at all and some dart away when the lights come on. It depends a lot on the T. My B. albiceps seems to not mind at all but others dont like it one bit . Research Red lighting as far as T go, Make sure they have a good Hide and a Dark place to go in the enclosure.
You should be able to get an Idea by watching how they react. Hope this helps a little.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Hey everyone, so it is getting warmer here and i have finally decided to bring my T into my room again (there was too much traffic and noise for her upstairs)
but quick question, I usually have the light on a little bit after 10, would it be ok for the light to be on after 10 pm for a T? Would it disturb her day/night cycle??
If you have OW arboreals then that would bother them. They would just stay hidden as much as possible. Stressed? Don't think so but that boils down to individuals. It could but I'll leave that for the OW keepers to answer.

As far as NW I do it all the time with mine and never bothered them.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
If you have OW arboreals then that would bother them. They would just stay hidden as much as possible. Stressed? Don't think so but that boils down to individuals. It could but I'll leave that for the OW keepers to answer.

As far as NW I do it all the time with mine and never bothered them.
Nope no arboreals or OW just my one B. boehmei

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Nope no arboreals or OW just my one B. boehmei
It's fine then

With flashlights I aim the light way off to the side so only the most outer part illuminates some of the enclosure that I'm focusing on.

I never aim the light directly at my T's and definitely not at their eyes. It's very seldom I do that. I really only do it to check on my P sp blue as I recently rehoused it.

The lights my T's are used to are normal ceiling lights.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
12 hrs on/off is what I do

Or they get what the sun does.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Ts are in my bedroom, so often I stay up pretty late, quite a bit past 10. No issues.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Having your lights on till 10pm isn't going to harm them one bit!

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
Both my Ts are in my bedroom and I usually have my lights on until midnight, often later, as I am quite a night owl. I have not noticed any altered or concerning behaviour as a result. My 0.1 2” juvenile Brachypelma hamorii remains barricaded in her hide in premolt as she has for the past 53 days. And my 0.0.1 1.5” Acanthoscurria geniculata remains out in the open as always.

I do, however, avoid turning on the lights if I have to get up in middle of night to avoid disturbing them. It probably would not be an issue, but it’s just a personal preference of mine. Hope that helps.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Mine don't care.

But I don't have any spotlights on them either. Just the ambient room light.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Personally I don't use any lights, my T's get ambient light. I think the most important consideration here is to maintain a day/night cycle no matter what length of time is light or dark.