Lightning!

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I recently got my first arborial T. An A avicularia(whom my daughter decided to name Sushi) and I did not realize how fast these things are.

I opened her container and when I did she bolted for the top. I almost lost her behind my desk and it would have been real fun trying to get her out of that computer/scanner/moniter/telephone cord jungle!

Anybody know what the fastest Tarantula is supposed to be? I heard it was the pokies but I could be wrong.

-Charlie

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think the genus Tapineauchenius is supposed to be up there.

Jon

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, pokies don't move so they are disqualified... they teleport ;)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I think the genus Tapineauchenius is supposed to be up there.

Jon
You aren't kidding.;) And Devildoll is right pokies do teleport.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yup,,

:), my P.regalis teleported from back of the cage to the side in a way that there was no "inbetween" in the movement.:D

Geez they are fast.

Kenny

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

my P.cambridgie is very very fast! At first it acts as docile as a pinktoe, then all of a sudden it bolts towards the top for an escape! I sure love him/her!

As for the fastest T, I would say the Psalmopoeus sp, or any other pokie!

James

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe my pokies just haven't showed off for me yet....they don't seem nearly as fast as my P. murinus or H. maculata. The H. maculata is only a sling, but I swear the crickets and mealworms never even hit the ground in that vial--they're grabbed out of the air on the way down.