lighting ideas

Wink

Arachnopeon
:? hey everyone, new to the boards. im trying to decide on a good lighting idea for my enclosures...has anyone tried the LED flex strips for this? that is what im considering, a bit expensive though but i think it might be worth it in the correct setup. any other idea's anyone?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
most people believe lighting stresses tarantula's therefor they dont use it.

maybe a "red party bulb" if anything.

Wink

Arachnopeon
yea i know that :), i was going to be using blue or red LED so it doesnt bother them...dont really want to go the route of bulbs do to the heating effect;)

i also dont plan on having the lights on very often, only occassional night time viewing...

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why dont you mount the lights on a shelf or something instead of putting them inside the enclosure?

Wink

Arachnopeon
ive thought about that too, but i have 16 ft of blue and red led strips layin around collecting dust. i wasnt planning on putting them inside the enclose necessarily...i just thought it would be a better light source since it doesnt create much heat in comparison to incadescent, not to mention the very low power usage lol...not sure how they compare heat wise to flourescents. its not set in stone, just wanted to get other ppls thoughts before i use up those expensive light strips :)