Life of a Tliltocatl albopilosus - "Tiny" (T.albopilosus diary)

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
I have decided to give away 3 of the 5 slings, leaving me with just Tiny and 1 slightly suspect female.
Since i have more space on the sling shelf now, i have decided to upgrade their enclosures. Since Tiny is spending all its time on the surface, i figured a larger area wouldnt be bad. He is still small compared to the enclosure, but i don't think it's going to bring issues. If it does, i'll simply bring it back in its small enclosure.
I love Tiny's attitude. I prodded him with a thin paintbrush into its new enclosure, and it bite into it thinking it's food. So i just transferred it while it was attached to the brush. Geniculata blood runs through it.
_MG_1128_1.jpg
Tine_1.jpg

tine close_1.jpg

Vulash

Arachnosquire
I'm so glad I found this thread! I love the Tale of Tiny. I have a 1/4" T. Albo sling as a brand-new T owner so its extra exciting to see what may be coming.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow ! What a mansion this little guy/gal has now ! He/she will grow into it nicely.

vicareux

I have found Brando (tiny's father) dead this morning, sadly. I think he did good. Today is the 644th day since he matured, so i think 2 years is a good run. A father to many children, and my first T.

As for tiny, it has buried itself inside the substrate ever since he got the new enclosure, and hasnt made an appearance ever since.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Not been on this weekend but I am so sorry Vi he did so well though 2 years is a good span for a mature male. Just shows how well you look after your spoods 😊
N lol at tiny typical sling 😊 must have been very happy in the new upgrade as we all know a happy spood is a hidden spood 🙂 am sure Tiny will come bk up after a nice moult 😊

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about Tiny's father, but that was inevitable unfortunately. He was your first T ? Wow ! That makes the coming of Tiny even more special. He did very well. Be proud and hopefully Tiny will continue his legacy.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I have found Brando (tiny's father) dead this morning, sadly. I think he did good. Today is the 644th day since he matured, so i think 2 years is a good run. A father to many children, and my first T.

As for tiny, it has buried itself inside the substrate ever since he got the new enclosure, and hasnt made an appearance ever since.
He lived a fulfilling life.

vicareux

Bad news
Tiny has emerged from its burrow like a week ago. I noticed it but i never took a closer look until last night, when i found Tiny in a death curl, still alive.
Looks like Tiny had a molt in its burrow that didn't go quite right, just like that one other time. He had a piece of molt attached to his back end, covering the spinnerettes and probably the anus.
_MG_0111.JPG
Last night Tiny was still very reactive to water droplets. I tried to remove the piece of molt but i think too much time has passed, thus a number of pieces are probably still stuck to his back end. It looks kind of messy.
I have also found an engorged mite on its abdomen. Not sure what to think of this. (Now that i look at the pictures, i can see multiple mites around the molt pieces)
_MG_0105_1.jpg
This morning Tiny seems less reactive, still barely alive. Looks like it's only a matter of time. Last night Tiny looked like it was somehow recovering, moving its legs around and uncurling, so i had some hope.

Sad to see this thread closed prematurely. I shouldn't have put Tiny in a larger enclosure, i couldn't keep an eye on it even when i knew that he had a bad molt, should've expected it again.
I still have one more sling from this egg sac that i kept, that one is going strong, thankfully.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh no ! That is extremely sad to see. I was hoping to see Tiny finally come out of the fragile sling stage. Guess it wasn't meant to be. My condolences, @vicareux

The silver lining is another of its relations is doing well. How large is that one ?

vicareux

Oh no ! That is extremely sad to see. I was hoping to see Tiny finally come out of the fragile sling stage. Guess it wasn't meant to be. My condolences, @vicareux

The silver lining is another of its relations is doing well. How large is that one ?
The other one is quite much larger, nearing an inch, great eater. Considering dedicating this thread to that sling now.

byakuya

Arachnopeon
very sorry to see it end like this...hope you have better luck with the rest.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I am so sorry Vi just seen this 😢 gutted for you and Tiny.
It would be nice to see how Tinys sibling is getting on. Maybe start a new chapter title on the thread, Brandon's Baby's in honor of Dad 😊