lids on deli cups

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK, with about 30 new baby scorpions (P. reddelli) I've got my 4 oz condiment cups all set up and ready to go once they disperse. I was wondering if anyone has ever used large pieces of glass to cover many cups at once instead of using individual lids? What I was thinking was instead of poking ventilation holes in the lids I would poke holes in cups and place a single pane of glass over multiple cups. I can get 16 cups covered with a 12"X12" piece of glass. I figure it would make maintenance and feeding much easier since I don't have to open each individual lid.

Some concerns would be not enough ventilation but I could poke more holes. Scorpions crawling out when the lid is removed but I don't see this happening with my other very small babies. Its not like they are very adept at climbing sides like some T's are. Overall less security. if I bump the setup it could spill? I'd put all the cups in a tote for easier moving from shelf to workbench but accidents still happen.

Anyway, an additional 30 cups isn't that big of a deal so I may use the individual lids anyway but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
sounds dodgy!

Could always use those boxes with multiple compartments

or design a 'flap' in the lid, with easier opening access (i need to do this!!)

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sounds dodgy!

Could always use those boxes with multiple compartments

or design a 'flap' in the lid, with easier opening access (i need to do this!!)
I thought about the bead boxes or whatever you want to call them, in fact I use them to separate my superworms for pupating so I have several of them, but I am afraid these tiny little buggers could possibly crawl up the corners and get into other compartments. I did a test run without the critters and I think the whole setup would be a bit to unstable for my clumsy self. I guess I will stick with the individual lids for now and the extra few minutes it will take to care for them. If I had some sort of framework to keep the cups stable (something like this http://www.herpcages.com/racks/cup4b.jpg ) I think it would work but to just have them sitting loose its not worth the risk.