Lid ideas for glass tanks

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
ok, I have 2, 2.5 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon. I plan to use these eventually for my t's, as they fit. I plan to get some Nhandu chromatus and an OW obligate burrowed (species yet to be determined.) What type of lid would I use if they housed each? Would the vertical set up be preferred for an obligate burrower?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
ok, I have 2, 2.5 gallon tanks and a 10 gallon. I plan to use these eventually for my t's, as they fit. I plan to get some Nhandu chromatus and an OW obligate burrowed (species yet to be determined.) What type of lid would I use if they housed each? Would the vertical set up be preferred for an obligate burrower?
Stay away from screen, get some acrylic cut to the size of the tank, cut out a smaller feeding/water square in the acrylic. Use a small hinge from a jewelery box, etc to mount one side of the cut out square back onto the acrylic flush where it was before. Premake holes for the hinged with a small nail, and use small screws to mount the hinge.

On the opposite site of the hinged square hot glue a magnet or two on the UNDERSIDE of the large piece of acrylic, overhanging your cut out section from underneath (this provides a stopping point for the hinged section. Glue one or two more magnets on the UPPER side of the square you cut out to MATCH the ones below, this provides a flush lock. :)

Hot glue the entire build onto the aquarium, and vent as needed. You can add more latches if you like in other spots for ease of feeding, cleaning, and watering. This method can be used for terrestrial or arborial. I don't know much about burrowers, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Hope that made sense without pics, maybe I'll do a build with step by step pics and post a tutorial

pariahsp84

Arachnopeon
My vertical 10gal. set up for my P. Regalis female. You can use this for any size glass tank. Just silicone in the bottom at what ever size you want then the top becomes a hinged door.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Beautiful. Thank you both for the info
If you look on YouTube you can find instructions on how to make one, believe it was Tarantulaguy1976 I THINK. If I have the right YouTube screen name he has a vid on how to make one if you need visuals etc.