Leurius quinquestriatus

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I wanted to ask about this species of Scorpion but i have been doing research on them. Ive been intrested in one for a while i just didn't want to get one without knowing about them so i have been doing lots of research.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

hmmm maybe i'll go with a less toxic one anyone have any recommendations??

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wanted to ask about this species of Scorpion but i have been doing research on them. Ive been intrested in one for a while i just didn't want to get one without knowing about them so i have been doing lots of research.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

hmmm maybe i'll go with a less toxic one anyone have any recommendations??
Glad you've changed your mind about getting one. I'd suggest starting with a Desert Hairy(Hadrurus Arizonensis ).. They are entertaining, aggressive and active. Also they are not dangerous... So a good starter I think.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thanks i was looking into one they seem very active and cool yep i think i may get one of those. I have to say though Deathstalkers have a certain aura around the name though but its also a warning with the name as well.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Hadrurus Arizonensis are great I have a pair of them.Really cool I have them in family room for display.
But I my lq I love a lot I keep looked up in my closet for good reason.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Dont get an LQ.

or any medically significant species just beacuase of their venom potency.

LQ's are no joke, neither are any others that have LD50's that are less than 1MG/KG. If you were to say knock the cage over and it get out, it could serously harm you, or your family.

As stated get a H. Az.

If u must get a Buthidae species start with one that cant kill you.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L.Q's are not a toy or anything to mess with

that should be the last species anyone gets
i had them in the past but not any more
but i also have had scorpions for the past 17 + years
so i would stress anyone to stay clear of them
sure the name is cool and the rep is cool but if you get stung or someone else
that will be a huge issue for the hobby so its best if they are kept only by
people that know realy what to do with them and how to deal with them.