lets talk spiders

MuddyRedneck

Arachnopeon
This site is going to be a huge help, I can already tell you guys have givin me a few diffrent ts to look into and I can't wait to start reading up on emand finally get that. Not completly sure about an addiction yet lol but we will see what happens cause I said the same thing about my dog and snakes {D

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of us..one of us..one of us..one of us..one of us..

Good luck and welcome! Can you say!

Obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!obt!

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
+90238451385683190485918659389986553905 for G.pulchripes

P.s OP The g.pulchripes is defthe way to go

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
hey everyone, so ill start by admitting im am deathly afraid of spiders to the point of wanting to run away and hide in a corner :p however.. im tierd of the jokes my family decides to make so i think its time to conqour my fear.. i want a spider and im comming to ask what you all would recommend. iv done no research yet because to be completly honest i dont know where to start after you suggest a few ill read up. id really like somthing that gets slightly larger (not a dinner plate) but something ill be able to see and watch. nothing that moves to quick, basically a bigger spider

suggestions and why they are a good starter are greatly appriciated
Let me give you the heads up with your theory . I also got into the hobby to get over my fear of spiders . For the longest time I kept only reptiles and amphibians , but had a friend give me a G.rosea to see if I would shed my arachnophobia . I begrudgingly accepted the T since I consider it rude to refuse a gift especially one from a friend trying to help me out . That was almost twenty years ago and I still thank him for turning me onto what has become a long happy hobby . However , I am still completely freaked out by true spiders . Those creepy little buggers aren't exactly on my list of favorites . If your intentions are to lose a fear of true spiders then you should expose yourself to them and not to tarantulas . I say you still get yourself a couple of Ts . They are fascinating animals and you'll be very happy with them . A G.pulchripes is a great choice , but let me recommend a member of the Aphonopelma genus . The ones that I have are very active and will tolerate a fair amount of handling . They are readily available and aren't too hard on the wallet . Here's a vid of my best looking female doing her "butt in the air walk" .

[YOUTUBE]Zgc9P56cJds[/YOUTUBE]

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I started with G. pulchripes and it was probably the best decision I could've made at that point. Remember, though, that any tarantula is capable of biting and/or kicking hairs (if its a New World species). They're also fragile animals, meaning handling is never the best idea, but, if you're careful enough, it can be done. I also recommend Lasiodora parahybana, which are probably one of my favorite species.
Good luck and enjoy :)

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No one mentioned E.campastratus (pzb). Mine is probably my most laid back and docile T I have. I practically have to force her to move when I do anything in her enclosure.