Lets play a game .

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok , so I dont know if this is the right place to do this , but lets try ! I take a tarantula , play with it a little , and you have to guess it :) This first one is probably easy for you guys ! Lets see who gets it right first {D

http://i29.tinypic.com/i27jlu.jpg

Last edited:

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Smallara,

You may not copy, redistribute, or otherwise "use" actual or digital photos created after 1976... the Copyright Act of 1976 changed US Copyright Law going forward such that any created work is automatically copyrighted to the creator of said work, and may not be used or derived from without proper consent or compensation. This goes for music and printed material as well.

Carry on.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I can take their photo's , play with them , but they have to be posted in a link form ? Got it :) Anyone know what the third one is ?? [:

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
So I can take their photo's , play with them , but they have to be posted in a link form ? Got it :) Anyone know what the third one is ?? [:
No, you can't "take" anyone's photo, period. You can link to where THEY have chosen to store it, but if you download them and modify them, you have stolen their photos for your own purposes, without permission.

Unless you actually have permission, of course. But, since you really don't listen to anyone's advice EVER, I'm not expecting you to follow the rules.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, you can't "take" anyone's photo, period. You can link to where THEY have chosen to store it, but if you download them and modify them, you have stolen their photos for your own purposes, without permission.

Unless you actually have permission, of course. But, since you really don't listen to anyone's advice EVER, I'm not expecting you to follow the rules.
I understand it , I just dont see why its bad cause they usually have no logos on them . The last one did and I should just never do that again . I dont think it would be bad if they never put a logo or their name on there and you use that .

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Remember everyone trolls do more than steal your left sock, remember its only the left one! :rolleyes:

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
I understand it , I just dont see why its bad cause they usually have no logos on them . The last one did and I should just never do that again . I dont think it would be bad if they never put a logo or their name on there and you use that .
I'm going to make this so simple that a 6 year-old could understand it:

IT DOESN'T MATTER ONE BIT WHAT YOU "THINK".

It's illegal. Period. Your opinion on the matter is unnecessary and unwelcome. You will not download other people's photos to your tinypic account any more. You WILL link directly to photos where the copyright holder has posted them. You will do this, or you will not be allowed to post here.

It's so simple. You have to follow the rules. Your opinion on the rules couldn't matter less. I would suggest you invite your Mom to start browsing the internet with you so she can save you this embarrassment you keep bringing on yourself.

Evil Seedlet

Arachnopeon
There doesn't need to be a logo on something for it to be copyrighted. I do lots of drawing and post my art online but I don't always sign it or put a logo and I'd still be pissed if someone "took it and played around with it." unless they asked me.

It's SUPER eay to find pictures to use, don't just take ones that don't happen to have a logo. When I need a picture to use in my art I go to Flickr, go to the advanced search, scroll down and tell it to search within creative commons images only. I just did it now for tarantulas and there are tons of pictures.

Edit: Mister Internet's idea is probably a better, one, everyone can be sure that way :)

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
K wont do it anymore . But please , for anybody , leave my mom out of things .

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
K wont do it anymore . But please , for anybody , leave my mom out of things .
Why is that? It sounds like you could use some guidance. I'm not being MEAN when I suggest such a thing... 12 year olds are, by and large, ill-equipped to handle the complex and dramatic social dynamics of a largely adult online forum. There's nothing here you should be embarassed about her reading, and maybe having her help you understand why people say what they say, you can begin to think critically instead of taking everything personally.

It's just a maturity thing, it's not an insult... EVERYONE takes everything personally when they're 12. But, if you truly want to participate here, you've got to "man up" ... you can't walk into a room of adults and demand they all start communicating at your level. This could be a good thing for you... PM "scar is my t" if you'd like to talk to someone that had a rather rough time of it when he first started, but has ended up integrating rather well in the end... I'm sure he'd help you out.

Anyway... please don't take these things personally. We're only trying to help you.