Lets get it on... G. rosea's get freaky.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snack Pack is a stud. Rosaline is a tramp. And this was their second time tonight, 7th time over all. Snack Pack recently built a sperm web after being kinda restless for a few months and Rosaline never produced, so I thought I would give it another go. Here are my favorite shots.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a sac when I got from vacation on the 27th.

Now there are 400+ eggs when I opened it up today. No legs yet. Mom was very disturbed by stupid fiance who decided to play his digerydooothingamabob. So I seperated her from the sac. Hopefully it does okay. If not, well I tried. Actually, if it fails because of me I'll be very upset for a while.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got a sac when I got from vacation on the 27th.

Now there are 400+ eggs when I opened it up today. No legs yet. Mom was very disturbed by stupid fiance who decided to play his digerydooothingamabob. So I seperated her from the sac. Hopefully it does okay. If not, well I tried. Actually, if it fails because of me I'll be very upset for a while.
Congrats on the sac! The mama looks gorgeous! Lets hope the babies end up the same.:)

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Only one egg went sour. The rest are in a Ryan style incubator. Basically 50 eggs in a paper muffin cup in a plastic condiment cup on on top of damp paper towels all in a plastic shoe box with holes in the lid.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sweet! Remember to rotate two times a day. Just a circle motion for a few seconds gently. I can't wait to hear they are popping into eggs with legs! You better take pics!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahh yes! I've got the swirl down. :) It kinda sounds cool hearing them gently roll on the papers. The eggs look good. I can't wait for them to get going! :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like this method for a few reasons, but the coolest reason is watching all levels of development!
Is this your first sac? No wait you had an avic sac right? Maybe I am confused.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's my first. :) I want to have a versicolor sac here soon, but I think my "Male" has actually gone girly on me. I would have posted pictures for sexing sooner, but Mike has them on his jump drive...

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I thought I would share the pictures of my Rose's sac opening as well as the eggs. :D I counted over 400! Only one's gone bad so far. I think I see a second that doesn't look so good. I had to separate the sac because mom was disturbed by an enthusiastic musician.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update: eggs developed legs about a month ago.

Today the first sling molted into 2nd(?) instar. :D
One of the cups of babies:

Another cup of babies. Do you see the first sling to molt?

How about now? :)

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you want to borrow my macro set up for some up-close-and-personal shots of your slings? We'll be out of town this weekend and we won't be needing the macro stuff.