Let me out! I want to rip you apart!

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I noticed a strange behavior from my P. Regalis sling a couple days ago....

Either he's threatening me, practicing for when he gets bigger, or just...off.

He's extending his fangs and scraping them a few times (quickly) over the surface of his enclosure. Anyone ever witness this before? Kinda freaky :p

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G. Rosea does this sometimes. She will stand up against the glass and scratch her fangs on it. It almost sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, I've seen that from one of my rosies too. Kinda cool to watch, huh? No idea what they do it for though. :?

Atrax

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow mine do that to

my king baboons will do that to and put there fangs thru the plastic top and grind it and pull on it with alot of power and you can see where they have done it .. kinda freaky sounds sometimes ;P :? :? I think mine are just saying let me out you crazy woman....LOL!!!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
My B.Smithi climbs up the walls of her cage (its a critter carrier) and she actually sticks her fangs on the bars of the lid and lifts herself up. It TERRIFIES me (sorry about the caps:p ) Im worried she will break a fang or both !! :mad: :(

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
These bars (this is a close up shot of a lid of one of the Botars tarantulas cages I hope its ok Botar) Anyway, may tarantula sticks her fangs thru those bars and lifts herself up !! Its like shes trying to see over the other side or something !!:?

Attachments

Last edited:

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the prisoner

:) hi , my rosie has not done anything like this yet but she is a sly one , thinking of calling her number 6:D when she was in her pet pal one night she kept trying the lid but falling off and got very frustrated:eek: and threw a tantrum:eek: since then i transferred her to her new home which is a diamond shaped corner unit with two sliding doors , mostly made of glass. well , for the last few weeks she has been making it her place but i think in reality the little T has been plotting:eek: last night i went to get some kip before going to work later ( i currently work nights) but could not drop off so i came back downstairs to watch the tv instead. i entered my living room and there the little bugger is doing her best to slide one of the doors open:eek: she had her palps in the right position for pushing , had even braced a leg to get better leverage and was trying for all she was worth to get out , shame that the doors are secured:D these animals may not be einstein but they are smarter than they are given credit for

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
These bars (this is a close up shot of a lid of one of the Botars tarantulas cages I hope its ok Botar) Anyway, may tarantula sticks her fangs thru those bars and lifts herself up !! Its like shes trying to see over the other side or something !!:?
How dare you!! Actually, I never would have even known it was from my picture... not a problem anyway.

Botar

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thanks Botar. I just hit 'print screen' and used the paint program to cut out the section of the picture I wanted!:)