Less worried

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So as many of you may know from one of my previous post my Brazilian Giant Blonde (Nhandu vulpinus) almost escaped without me even having him for 4 days.
The day he tried to escape (03-01-2007) I had to rehouse him immediately so I would have him forever sort of speak. since the first of this month (four days ago) I left him alone. So tonight I went in there to see how he was doing. Since there were two hides in there I took one out so it would be easier to find him. So I took one hide out slowly to make sure he wasnt under it. Then I slowly removed the other one had my catch up ready cause he is a quick one. And what did I see? Under the Cave hide he has made a burrow so I guess he is doing good. Since he is burrowing should I put more spaghnum peat moss in there or if he is burrowing without the whole thing caving in on him he's fine as is? I'm so glad to see him doing so well. {D

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if he likes to burrow, give him substrate ;)

depending on how big he is, you can always add another inch or three. just don't dig him out of the burrow - slings just tend to live more hidden than the adults.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the substrate is deep enough for it to burrow but not low enough for it to burrow all the way down to the bottom of the glass tank

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I meant inch wise. If you have more than 3 or 4 inches of substrate, I wouldn't bother adding any more.