Leriurus quinquestriatus stuck shed help

nexusscorpion

Arachnopeon
Hey all I have a leriurus qunquestriatus (deathstalker) that was on its back and had a stuck shed on its tail, I tried to help him out and inadvertantly flipped him rightside up. Should I flip him back onto his back? One side of his legs are pushed up to the front of his body and im worried theyll solidify like that. What do you guys think?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Can y
Hey all I have a leriurus qunquestriatus (deathstalker) that was on its back and had a stuck shed on its tail, I tried to help him out and inadvertantly flipped him rightside up. Should I flip him back onto his back? One side of his legs are pushed up to the front of his body and im worried theyll solidify like that. What do you guys think?
Can you post some photos ? Would help

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I don't see a stuck shed on the tail? Also when a scorpion molting reaches the tail it may slow down its progress. But yes, some species flip on their back while molting it is best to leave it alone and do not stress it at all during this crucial time. Best leave it alone and put abit more faith in mother nature. The big concern is if the palps or any legs get stuck which can create a domino effect.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Mark Stockmann:

Molting errors, their causes and remedies:

It is not uncommon for scorpions to get stuck during their molting. This mostly affects Metasoma, Pedipalpen or running legs. If no measures are taken, this usually ends fatally due to constipation and infections. The reasons for this are usually a too dry climate and / or too low temperatures.

The remedy - provided the problem is recognized in good time - is an increase in the ambient temperature and air humidity. If necessary, the molting must be removed manually with two very pointed and fine tweezers.

Attention! The risk of injury to the scorpion is extremely high!

Deformations are accepted. There is also an increased risk of being stung by inexperienced keepers. A final measure is the amputation. The amputation, as well as the posture in the next few days, must be as sterile as possible.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I wouldn't touch/interfere with the scorpion while its molting. One way to help the scorpion is to raise humidity/temps as per Outpost31Survivor's post above mine, otherwise just letting it do its thing is the best remedy!