Lepidopterans

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Is there a thread or two or ten on moths; specifically breeding, raising and keeping? I absolutely love Acherontia atropos, Acherontia styx and Acherontia lachesis, and will begin to acquire all needed supplies very soon. Would love input, advice and to be able to share as I go.

NathanJBoob

Arachnosquire
I've never reared atropos, but a friend of mine gets them from time to time. He reares them on cut privet in containers. As for obtaining stock, check out Insectnet.com. They show up fairly frequently in the live stock classified section.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I've never reared atropos, but a friend of mine gets them from time to time. He reares them on cut privet in containers. As for obtaining stock, check out Insectnet.com. They show up fairly frequently in the live stock classified section.
Thank you for the website, I will for sure check it out. They fascinate me and make my heart beat a little faster, so I definitely want to learn all I can and see if it's something I can really do.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
@ilovelepidoptera on Instagram has a lot of knowledge in breeding butterflies and moths.

NathanJBoob

Arachnosquire
Thank you for the website, I will for sure check it out. They fascinate me and make my heart beat a little faster, so I definitely want to learn all I can and see if it's something I can really do.
Are you interested in rearing only sphinx moths? I have been rearing Saturniid moths for over 20 years and could help you out with them. They are easier to keep going because you don't have to feed the adults in order to obtain eggs. _DSC6890.JPG